F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bike is gone...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is more to this story. Your bike would get impounded for registration issues ONLY if it is expired more than 6 months. If your tag or plate falls off, it still would show current in the system, you would just get a fix-it ticket.
Also, it would have got impounded for:

A. you have no motorcycle endorsment on ur license.
B. your endorsment has expired
C. or last. you were riding on and suspended license

Now, if CHP got you, they are a different breed, they kinda do what they want

Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM

there is no way i can prove it to you guys but i wouldnt make a pont to start a thread abt it if i im lying lol but everyone has there own opinion being black in a nice neighborhood on a nice motorcycle you do the math but im not getting charged for impound fee and im taking it to trial to fight it bc he was not in the right i was fully in my rights to ride where i was riding but thanks for the input

Old 06-15-2011, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by sixxtoes
There is more to this story. Your bike would get impounded for registration issues ONLY if it is expired more than 6 months. If your tag or plate falls off, it still would show current in the system, you would just get a fix-it ticket.
Also, it would have got impounded for:

A. you have no motorcycle endorsment on ur license.
B. your endorsment has expired
C. or last. you were riding on and suspended license

Now, if CHP got you, they are a different breed, they kinda do what they want

it was CHP i have to go through mountains to get to my job and the road i take is technically the highway they really do, do w.e they want

Old 06-15-2011, 05:13 PM

California State Route 94 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is the road i take its always empty and theres always cops but no civilian driver except a few bikes im not a child i wouldnt lie to save face im pissed that my bike has been gone for 2 and a half weeks bc some ******* PatrolOfficer wanted to do something with his useless time Ive had My M Class license for 3 months and i had on all my gear...They took My Helmet and My BackPack and to add salt to the wound he kept my license with him and somehow lost it so i have to sit in the DMV for A bit just to get a reprinted License i am no bad rider Nor am i thebest but i know i was not doing anything wrong

So if you live in Spring Valley Rancho San Diego or Jamul only ride during the day bc they will EF you with no lube if they feel like it

Last edited by 1904F4iRider; 06-15-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
In AZ if your 25mph over the limit or anything over 85mph its a criminal ticket and they can arrest you/impound you vehicle [been there/done that]. The OP said he just had a registration ticket fall off.
Really?

Post up the statute! I mean don't get me wrong, I know this state (AZ) is quite a joke with things like this, and tbh, this is one of the most crooked states you can habitate in but daym...I hit 90mph+ everyday in 2nd gear just getting onto the 51! You would think 100's of bikes would be impounded and people thrown in jail each day due to the amount of bikes out here in the valley...there are literally more bikes than cagers out here! PLus...out on the 10 in the desert towards CA the speed limit is 75...so ya, how can they arrest you going 85+ there?

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Speed limit being 75 doesn't matter, your still going over 85mph. Im not searching and posting anything, I highly suggest you ignore what I've said and test it for yourself 99% of the time even when issuing the ticket as criminal they won't impound the vehicle or take you downtown, but they have the option.

Old 06-16-2011, 12:20 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by 1904F4iRider
California State Route 94 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

this is the road i take its always empty and theres always cops but no civilian driver except a few bikes im not a child i wouldnt lie to save face im pissed that my bike has been gone for 2 and a half weeks bc some ******* PatrolOfficer wanted to do something with his useless time Ive had My M Class license for 3 months and i had on all my gear...They took My Helmet and My BackPack and to add salt to the wound he kept my license with him and somehow lost it so i have to sit in the DMV for A bit just to get a reprinted License i am no bad rider Nor am i thebest but i know i was not doing anything wrong

So if you live in Spring Valley Rancho San Diego or Jamul only ride during the day bc they will EF you with no lube if they feel like it
sry about your luck. i would def fight it, based on the laws for impounds it does not seem the CHP Officer was in the right based on your situation.
If i pulled u over, i would have let u go, just saying...

Old 06-16-2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1904F4iRider
there is no way i can prove it to you guys but i wouldnt make a pont to start a thread abt it if i im lying lol but everyone has there own opinion being black in a nice neighborhood on a nice motorcycle you do the math but im not getting charged for impound fee and im taking it to trial to fight it bc he was not in the right i was fully in my rights to ride where i was riding but thanks for the input
What does being black in a nice neighborhood have to do with what you were doing in canyons at high speed, hopefully with a full face helmet and gear on?

You were pulled over for something, be it speeding or not. But not a tag on the plate. I was pulled over in the city on the highway because my temp plate was barely holding onto the bike flapping in the wind, and I had a car temp tag size on because that is all the dealer had at the time. No one is going to see a missing sticker. No one is going to see you are black. And once again no one is going to know your neighborhood when you are away in the canyons.

Old 06-16-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by coolbluedab
What does being black in a nice neighborhood have to do with what you were doing in canyons at high speed, hopefully with a full face helmet and gear on?

You were pulled over for something, be it speeding or not. But not a tag on the plate. I was pulled over in the city on the highway because my temp plate was barely holding onto the bike flapping in the wind, and I had a car temp tag size on because that is all the dealer had at the time. No one is going to see a missing sticker. No one is going to see you are black. And once again no one is going to know your neighborhood when you are away in the canyons.
im glad you are paying attention to my post but if you arent black then you arent allowed to ask me "what does being black have to do with it" i have been pulled over numerous times and there hasnt been anything wrong on my...i wasnt speeding, the rode i take freaks me out and id rather not speed bc im still somewhat of a rookie and ive had cops i know tell me they pull ppl of color over...Mexican, Black, Asian ect bc they assume that they have something to hide....but i am no longer responding to comments like this thanks for posting but if you werent there u cant tell me that, You know what im saying is a lie

peace

Old 06-17-2011, 08:42 AM

No, the point is, in full gear as you say. There is no way to tell.

You have two arms, two legs a head and a body. I was not aware that being black asian mexican etc... Gave you any identifiable characteristics such as extra or missing limbs. I thought it was just the color of your skin... Which was fully covered up.