F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike cutting off while riding

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike cutting off while riding

I need help. went for a ride yesterday and about half way to my destination my bike kept cutting on and off while i was on the highway. I dont know what is going on but the FI light kept coming on and the rpms would drop all the way down. Rode all day the day before and no problems at all. i heard that it could be the tip over sensor and i should just bypass it and see if that works. as of now the bike doesnt turn on at all, no lights and the cluster gauge doesnt even come on. any idea on what i can do?

Old 09-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Bike cutting off while riding

sounds like the battery cable to me...

Old 09-02-2008, 06:40 PM

I agree, I dont know much abour bikes but from what ive been reading if the battery cable is loose your bike will do that. Check the cables and make sure there tight so your getting a good connection

Old 09-02-2008, 06:51 PM

alright ill check the cable and see if thats the problem

Old 09-02-2008, 06:52 PM

check the fuses see if any are poped

Old 09-02-2008, 09:12 PM

Yes i would also like an answer to this question and how do you bypass the sensor? My f4i did the same thing and now wont turn back on. I check all the wires and everything is tight and pluged in. Please help me with this problem too

Old 09-02-2008, 09:24 PM

if your bank sensor wasn't working your bike would not run, it would not cut in and out. i would not suggest that you bypass that sensor, it's there for a reason. it's electrical, but not the bank. your bank angle switch resets when you turn off your key and back on. you possibly have a bad connection, ground, junk battery, etc. start at the battery, fuses blow, they won't cause something to cut in and out. if your battery is more then two years old maybe its not charging properly. hope this helps, i just got done rebuilding my bike and had a ton of electrical problems. relays and solenoids are usually the culprit if not the battery. sounds like a bad connection, check on/off switch connections. start with the battery........hope this helps.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Its 99%a loose battery cable. Did you recently remove the battery? And if it doesnt start now, you probably drained your battery.

Old 09-03-2008, 06:21 PM

I think you guys were right about the loose cable. When i checked it wasn't on too tight at all, tightened it up and took it around the block a couple of times and no problems. i am going to ride it to work today so i will find out if it is really good thanks.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:12 PM

My battery cables are on tight and still doesnt work. I took it out and charged it for a good 4 hours. I thought it was the battery at first because it would clunk when i tried to start it due to no power. But my fuel pump doesnt even turn on at all. Please help me with this problem.

Quick Reply: Bike cutting off while riding