CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   bike cut off...FI light came on.. (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/bike-cut-off-fi-light-came-123346/)

Sirsabattini 04-02-2011 04:59 PM

bike cut off...FI light came on..

so i installed my PCIII two days ago and now when i idle around 5k in any gear the FI light comes on and i lose throttle. and when im downshifting it actually cuts off. did it 3 times in 30 mins today...im thinking something is going wrong with my PCIII, maybe the map on it or something, even though its the map off power commanders website for my mods *two brothers slip on and a K&N filter*. anyone have this problem? i mean crap my bike even backfired once today...never did that to me before lol.

nickp123 04-02-2011 05:55 PM

have you unplugged the pc3 to see if the problem subsides? Thats probably step one. And if so then yeah its most likely the map...maybe try using a different one or reinstalling that one? I have no experience with power commanders though so i have no advice on how to get it working correctly.

Sirsabattini 04-02-2011 07:40 PM

yeah i was thinking about it. it sounds like its getting too much fuel when i ride. it sounds almost like its drowning. like someones gargling mouthwash or something...

Sirsabattini 04-03-2011 07:35 PM

alright so i dropped the pcIII map to a zero map to just kinda bypass it and it still happened. so i unplugged it all in all, and its still doing it. i did some research and kinda might have an idea. someone tell me if im wrong:

it only mostly does it when i hit bumps and when i coast to a stop at a light it'll turn off, and when it does it while riding it kills the throttle and throws the FI light. i heard a little rattle from the front end when i got the bike but didn't think much of it. the rattle's gotten progressively worse over the last week, and now its at all rpm's but at its loudest at about 5k-6k. and it sounds like a marble in a can kinda rattle. and when the light comes on it backfires. so after some research on here it sounds like my CCTL is crapping out on me. bike has 10,800 miles on it and it was only an occasional driver. he was a shy timid little kid so i doubt he was really beating the crap out of it. but he never had his valves looked at at 8k which i hear is when you're supposed to have them looked at. and it kinda sounds like my timings off at low rpms...

so does this sound like my CCTL? it got worse after we had a rain storm here about 3 days ago. that was when it started doing it over bumps..

Sirsabattini 04-03-2011 09:31 PM

this threads been up for almost 2 days and a ton of people have looked at it but only one response...? is there no one on here that can help me out here???

Sirsabattini 04-04-2011 12:24 PM

wow...i guess not...

Sick97SS 04-04-2011 01:20 PM

If you're having issues with the FI going over bumps. Check your connections. Sounds like something is loose.

Did this happen before you installed the PCIII? sounds like you might have damaged or jostled a connector somewhere.

The buzzing is without a doubt the CCTL, (unrelated to the FI issue), replace it with a APE manual one, OR go with a a new OEM one and have it buzz again in 5,000 miles.

Valve check at 8,000 miles? it's not and easy thing to "check".
I would wait till 20k miles. The manual says at 16k

Sirsabattini 04-04-2011 03:45 PM

aha! there is life in this forum!! lol thanks sick97. and no id didn't do it before the PCIII, but it started doing it after we got hit by a tornado. nothing hit the bike except a ton of rain as it was on my porch. but the rattle has progressively gotten worse. i unplugged the PCIII and replugged the stock plugs and checked all the plugs under that fairing and tank, and on that whole entire side and its still doing it. is it possible for the cctl to kinda jiggle itself in an awkward position since its going bad and got waterlogged?

tanrush 04-04-2011 06:19 PM

Two different problems.

First, you didn't have a problem before installing the PCIII and the rain storm. You disconnected the PCIII and still doing it.
Check your ground connection on the negative post since you had to undo that cable to install the PcIII. It may be loose. For that matter recheck all your cables from the battery, ground and the pcIII 2 connectors.
Backtrack in your mind anything else you may have done at the time after the install. Did you get gas and then the problem started??? What exactly got wet during the storm?

CCT - replace it with a APE manual one and be done with the noise for good.

Sirsabattini 04-04-2011 06:43 PM

ill check the battery terminals and all the connections tomorrow. but all i've done wiring wise is install the PCIII and my alarm system which had me cut into my ignition wire and splice it with a remote killswitch/anti-hijack sensor but i checked the crimps on them and they're still really strong. and im not too sure if it happened after i got gas but i dont think so. im thinking about getting some seafoam and running it through after the CCTL is replaced tomorrow. they're replacing it with the APE manual one. how often does it have to be adjusted? and how do i know what to adjust it to?