F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike covers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike covers?

Anybody have covers for their sportbike? (not necessarily F4i or even Honda specific) I ask b/c I am looking at the Nelson Rigg Premier on clearance at NewEnough. Anybody have one of these? If not this, any others you like?

To be honest, I haven't really had many times when I've need a cover, at least to protect from rain. Texas...12 mile commute...avoid the cages by driving mine. BUT, there are occasions when I've considered a cover. For instance, on occasion when my only option is to ride and it's a full day of rain. And one other instance, for times when my wife plans to get in the garage and do woodworking. A few months back she blew sawdust all over my bike. Sigh. (Not sure how much a cover would really help for that anyway). But she may be doing more next week when I'm out of town so...eek!!

Old 06-01-2009, 12:29 AM

Bring your bike with you. haha

Old 06-01-2009, 08:17 AM

I have one of these I bought at Cycle Gear. They make different sizes but this one is huge. It covers the whole bike and the tires down to the ground.

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...=MYT_TSDLXMD_G

Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my cover from ebay for 20 bucks. it's a cheapy but works at it should. Fits perfectly, covers wheels down the the ground. Has a bungee hook and air vents. Similar to nylon kite material, plus because its thinner than most ToughGuard covers it folds up into it's little bag and fits perfectly under the passenger seat on my 02 f4i. I cant garage my baby so this is the next best thing for this constant maryland rain.

I think this is the one. And it goes at all the way to the ground (unlike the ebay picture) even with the mirrors in riding position.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by Sick97SS; 06-01-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the CoverMax motorcycle cover. Its good quality. To be honest though, carrying it around is quite the hassle. I just take a small microfiber towel to wipe off my seat. I can definitely understand if you're bike is outside in the rain all day though. However, just transporting the cover, unfolding & placing over/on bike in the rain, & removal/packing it back up, can be very inconvenient & messy.

As for the garage, you can use an old bed sheet or cheapo plastic painter's drop cloth.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:11 AM

I've been looking for a smaller cover that just fits over the upper half of the bike for parking at work on the days I ride. Basically just to keep prying eyes, leaves and bird poop off it. Any ideas?

Old 06-01-2009, 11:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my cover from autozone. Fits perfect..nice and tight...and its a heavy thick waterproof cloth...real soft on the inside and there is a buckle on the bottom on each side so the wind can never blow it away. ..best money spent

Old 06-01-2009, 01:45 PM

I just ordered that Nelson-Rigg cover yesterday. I need a cover for when it sits at work when it rains, and for winter storage. It wont ship for 3-5 days though because I ordered some other stuff too and they're going to ship everything together. I'l let you know how it is when I get it, if you don't have one by then.