F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bike Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow!! It's crazy to hear some of the perceptions and stereotypes surrounding bike clubs and the community. I'm a noob here, and actually havn't made my introductory post yet. I come from time to time to research different topics and discussions about my bike. I think this is a very nice forum to say the least. With that said i felt compelled to chime in on this post because i would like to add my experience of it all.

First off i joined a MSC(motor sports club). So it's wrapped up of motorcycles(sports/crusers,) car and truck division, dune buggies, 4 wheelers ect. I have been a member for 5 yrs now. We even have a juniors division where they are welcome to any event other than overaged parties. And it was things like doing community service in various neiborhoods around the city. Trash pick ups, retirement home visits, feeding the homeless that made me want to join. Helping out our juniors division with fundraisers like car washes and candy sales. It was seeing the fellowship of the family's in the club. Regular people with careers and goals. Networking while doing something they enjoy(RIDING/FELLOWSHIPING) I think overall, bike clubs get a bad rap because of the uniformity rather than the reckless image. Vest or not if someone is driving reckless their deemed a squid, but if you see 5 or more riders especially with matching vest, people make their own assumtions. Justifiable so at times. Even if the ride is in formation with road captians, hand signals, and all. It is still looked at as dangerous to many people, and to each is own.

Lastly matching vests are not just for the sake of looking alike, it's a indication that you are not alone, weather you need a hand, a lift, a conversation, a friend, role model, etc. 9 times out of 10 you can find it in a bike club. On occasion, faster than in your own family. Just depends on what floats your boat. We share the road with everyone so even though you may not be a member of a club, in some form or another you're riding with them. You never know who is in that big suv or tractor trailor next to you admiring your ride because they share the same feeling as you get from being on yours.

Thanks alot guys and sorry so long. I love engaging convos.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya know the reverse also applies Juicy. Just because your club isn't made up of squidly d-bags doesn't mean the clubs where we live are cool too.

Ruff Ryders for example in many cities and states are an embarrassment. DMX should hang his head in shame. My coworker is "a fatality waiting to happen" according to everyone that rides. Having tboned a lady making a legal uturn, lowsided doing wheelies on the freeway and a mysterious meeting with the highway divider that is yet to be explained. But his "family" hasn't done chit about it. I know you can't force someone to be a better rider. But they could boot him so he'd stop repping them so poorly

Some of us aren't making preconceptions. We're making observations

Old 05-18-2010, 12:32 PM

The Ruff Ryders here are bad too. Here they are not even a recognized M/C but I bet they are the biggest .

Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ruff Ryders for example in many cities and states are an embarrassment. DMX should hang his head in shame.
So true

Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Ya know the reverse also applies Juicy. Just because your club isn't made up of squidly d-bags doesn't mean the clubs where we live are cool too.

Some of us aren't making preconceptions. We're making observations
Kuroshio thanks for your observation. Yes some of the members give clubs bad reps just as an independent running from the cops to avoid a ticket contributes as well. I wasn't saying everyone was but to say because someone is in a MC or SC that it's gay or low self esteem issues baffles me. And best believe i know that there can be some squids inside the clubs but it applies to the independents and loner riders as well. Just saying.