F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bi-Xenon Projector

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bi-Xenon Projector

Does anyone know where i can find a bi-xenon projector kit for an 01 f4i? i"ve seen a write up for it but the bulbs seemed to be an H4 and from what i've read my bulbs are an H7. Also, is there any other write up on someone doing a projector kit on an f4i? any info at all ould be helpful. thanks!

-Michael

Old 09-17-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by MMMichael
Does anyone know where i can find a bi-xenon projector kit for an 01 f4i? i"ve seen a write up for it but the bulbs seemed to be an H4 and from what i've read my bulbs are an H7. Also, is there any other write up on someone doing a projector kit on an f4i? any info at all ould be helpful. thanks!

-Michael
Something like this?

https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html

Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM

I think he is refferring to the actual projector kits, not just the HID kits.

There are several on ebay, my friend install a kit in his gsxr, and it was pretty straight forward. Put the headlight in the oven at 200 degs for about 3 minutes, remove the headlight, take several screw drivers, butter knifes,...anything flat and strong, and begin to seperate the headlight lens from the bucket. Once you have the tabs pulled up, slowly work your way around the headlight lens. It basically has to come off straight. If you pry only on one side, it will be much harder to remove it.

to put the lens back on, put the lens on the bucket and press a little, because the sealer is cold, it will not go back into place. You will have to put it back in the oven and get it warm. Once its warm, take it out and press the lens back into place.

Then, once the lens if off, its pretty easy to follow the included steps. Basically, the projector fits through the front of the reflector and through the back where your bulb would go. A lock washer and a nut screw onto the back of the projector, holding it in place.

A word of warning though. the supplied nut is very... very fragile. I made a spanner wrench for it to tighten it up.

But, his lights are fairly bright, nearly as bright as mine that I fitted from a cadillac xlr. But his warmup time is pretty long. Mine are at full brightness in about a second, where his takes about 5. Other than that, they seem to be working well for him.

here is a link to the ones he bought. Oh, and they can be ordered with any type of bulb. Basically, the only difference between bulb types is the lock washer shape. But you definately want to order the H7 so they fit your reflector right. You just have to specify the bulb type when you order it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/H4-9003-Bi-xenon...item1e5910231d

Last edited by justasquid; 09-18-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:38 PM

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...ETROFIT/Detail
This seems like a pretty good kit. Any ideas? I think I'm gonna go with this one when I do the convert. There are sizes in millimeters listed too. You guys think they'll fit?