F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Beware: Fuel1racing/Kingpin Cycles/Bootleg exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware: Fuel1racing/Kingpin Cycles/Bootleg exhaust

I heard good things on this forum about the Bootleg exhaust from fuel1racing.com and decided to order one for my '06 F4i. I placed the order on June 3, but didn't hear anything from them regarding my order. On the 16th, I emailed them using the email address on the paypal receipt and still no response. This morning I went ahead and disputed the charge with paypal and fortunately was refunded the entire charge. The response from fuel1racing was

"Message from merchant: We no longer Make pipes. Sorry."

Thanks for keeping my money for nearly a month! If you have an order placed with them, you may want to get with paypal to have your money refunded.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Beware: Fuel1racing/Kingpin Cycles/Bootleg exhaust

I am not saying i don't trust what you are saying....BUT... i know Tom, and although he's sort of shotty on communication sometimes, that does not seem typical of him

i have one of his pipes and they're great....dunno....sorry to hear either way....

Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 PM

Just passing along my experience. Wanted to let anyone else waiting on a pipe to knowthat they should look into it.

Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 PM

A MUST HAVE when owning a business is good communication, without it they're just unprofessional. Thanks for the warning i will not order from them and or tell people about them.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered Users

hey whtan...i don't think you should be telling anyone anything as you have never dealt with them...as for gixsix that's his perrogative as he had a bad experience...i hate it when people jump in and comment on something they have never dealt with...

i can tell you when i dealt with Tom i got my pipe, custom ordered and got a lot of follow up on some specialty things needed....now that was MY experience as gixsix has HIS...you have NO experience so i would just move along....you know nothing about Tom and/or his business so please don't comment on how he runs his business when you have NEVER dealt with him...

geez....

Old 06-23-2008, 08:08 PM

ffingers - when did you get your pipe? Perhaps Tom is moving on to other ventures and ran out of remaining stock.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:15 PM

im with ffingers here. Tom is a great guy and meant to do good by making pipes for the members on this forum, but when people complained about how long it took for him to make them (keep in mind, it was a side business, he has another job as well), it give him a lot of negative rep and unnecessary criticism. i can see why he stopped making them with some of the people around here.

me and ffingers got our pipes when they were introduced....

Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: ffingers

hey whtan...i don't think you should be telling anyone anything as you have never dealt with them...as for gixsix that's his perrogative as he had a bad experience...i hate it when people jump in and comment on something they have never dealt with...

i can tell you when i dealt with Tom i got my pipe, custom ordered and got a lot of follow up on some specialty things needed....now that was MY experience as gixsix has HIS...you have NO experience so i would just move along....you know nothing about Tom and/or his business so please don't comment on how he runs his business when you have NEVER dealt with him...

geez....
I understand what you're saying, i'm just stating my opinion. Waiting a month for a response and just getting "i no longer make them" not even an explanation why it took so long to get a refund? I would be pissed. I really was going to order a pipe from them too but the 2 sites that he runs both weren't working at all, and didn't even say what was going on. And what i said was i wouldn't tell people about them, not give them a bad rep. Read more carefully and get that straight..And this all doesn't matter anymore since he apparently "doesn't make them anymore".

Old 06-24-2008, 07:55 AM

i remember being around when he first started up this venture, and the quality and stuff for these are second to none, but that is just really bad business.

Old 06-24-2008, 03:01 PM

I have a bootleg pipe also.....the quality and price was great but the communication was poor. Too bad. I think he could make some $$$ if he found some management and treated this as a real business
________
****TUBECOM

Last edited by Rick619; 03-21-2011 at 03:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Beware: Fuel1racing/Kingpin Cycles/Bootleg exhaust