F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

best windscreen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best windscreen?

I just used automotive paint, then went over it with a few good coats of clear. When starting to apply paint go slow and take your time, spray many light coats with plenty of time between coats so the paint will stick. keep putting light coats over and over until all is covered. Remember take your time, you want it to look good.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:00 PM

Thats totally ghetto, maybe you dont think people can tell because they dont tell you, but they can tell.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Flip

Thats totally ghetto, maybe you dont think people can tell because they dont tell you, but they can tell.
I've heard of a lot of people doing that. They say it looks good, and easily cutomizable (colored paints to match bike, graphics, etc).

ORIGINAL: ride_002000

Your Stock one...what I did was just take it off and spray paint the inside black, I know im cheap but why spend $60-100 on a damn windscreen that you cant see out of anyway...save some money and spend it on something more useful for your bike. My bike looks great and you cant tell it is spray painted.
You mean to say it cuts wind better than the ZG-DB does????

Old 06-13-2006, 05:39 PM

I bought my bike with the ghetto windscreen paint job. Looking at it you really can't tell but when you are on the bike you can. I think that if you wanted to be cheap you could at least take it to a tint shop and have some type of tint put on it.

If you spend thousands on a bike, why ghetto it up when a new windscreen is only 65.00 -100.00?????

Old 06-13-2006, 06:09 PM

I bought my bike with the ghetto windscreen paint job. Looking at it you really can't tell but when you are on the bike you can. I think that if you wanted to be cheap you could at least take it to a tint shop and have some type of tint put on it.

If you spend thousands on a bike, why ghetto it up when a new windscreen is only 65.00 -100.00?????

well when you do spend all your money on the bike, some people that dont get money handed to them from there parents to put on accessories. No im not saying it cuts through the wind better but wind isnt really a factor unless going 130+ mph and if you do go that fast its not for very long. And do you really think a windscreen does help performance than go ahead and spend the money on it, but when your buying a windscreen and the next guy saves money and puts on "PERFORMANCE PARTS" hes the one blowing past you on the street while your sitting there lookin cool with your tinted windscreen.

And the people I have talked to without knowing me have asked where I got my tinted windscreen and then I tell them its only the stock one painted...they were surprised and they couldnt tell. So call it ghetto all you want but I have heard a lot more ghetto **** on this forum than just painting a windscreen.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:49 AM

I got the Puig smoked db about 2 months ago, however last weekend after sitting in the driveway for a couple of days due to heavy rain, i discovered a small section on the digital display rim was warped. Scary thing was there was barely any sunshine at all over the weekend but still enough to do damage. Be careful if you're upgrading your screens and leave your bike uncovered.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:02 PM

Currently I have a Zerogravity Dark smoke Sport touring windscreen..It's sits a little higher then the stocker and if you want something dark this may be what you are looking for..I had a Memphis Shades Gradiant smoke and didn't like it as much as this one..The pictures I took this morning was under our carport because it started raining (again) coming home from work..

Old 04-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys,

I got a question. I need a windscreen. The thing is, I am 6'4". I know some companys like Hotbodies make multiple different heights. They have like, stock, double bubble and race. Problem is, they dont make the race one for the F4i. Anyway, I was just wondering what you guys thought would be the absolute tallest windscreen for a guy of my size.

Thanks for the help!!

-Josh

Old 04-15-2008, 07:27 PM

Am I the only one that has a Targa... ?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 PM

I bought a puig and my friend bought a zero gravity. I now wish I bought a Zero Gravity. Better fit and wind protection.

Go with ZG

Quick Reply: best windscreen?