F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Best Tire Made - Bar None

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Tire Made - Bar None

1) Looking for the best tires out there to put on my 06 F4i. Not worried about cost. Rather looking for the tackiest (sp?) z-rated street sucker out there. I would appreciate the feedback. I have 3500mi on my bike, and it's almost time for new ones. At least the rear.

2) ALSO: What are veryones thought about going with a wider tire in back? Front? I'm assuming Hondas knows best and the tire size my bike came with is best, just hada few buddie scommnet that a bigger or wider tire is better. Hmmm??????
Thanks,
G

Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Default RE: Best Tire Made - Bar None

3500 and replacement time? You must ride like a madman.

I wouldn't get a dunlop qualifier, i'm on my 3rd one and I'm not happy with how long they last. My buddy put a pirelli diablo strada on his and he loves it. It supposedly has some tread technology where the sides are super soft, but the middle is hard, so the tire lasts a lot longer. I might check it out.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:06 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Anything made by pirelli is the best just pick if you want more street rated or more track rated

Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 AM

Pirelli Diablo Corsa III
Pilot Power or 2CT medium

As for a wider tire on the rear...
Staying with MFG spec according to rim size is generally the best approach. My 929 has a 6 inch rim that takes a 190 stock. I could go up to a 200, but I run a 180. With a 180, the crown would be more toward the center, due to the rim pushing the sidewalls out just a little given more of a contact patch almost equal to that of a 190. But the difference is where the crown is most noticeable, meaning where is it most pronounced when you are using it through the twisties. We're only talking about 10mm wider and pressure changes, and temp cycles and stuff like that. If it's image you want they you can usually get away with 2 tires sizes in either direction. This ofcourse does make a difference if your are using the bike for other than cornering, like stunting or what not.

I don't know all of this technically, I only know from putting the different tire sizes on, then going out and riding the same route, and recording the differences. I've run most tire brands like dunlop, michelin, pirelli, PP, bridgestone, avon, and even the knock-offs.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Illushun

Pirelli Diablo Corsa III
Pilot Power or 2CT medium

thats what i was thinkin. i run qualis and i like em but if i had $$$$ thats what i would have ^

Old 06-29-2007, 03:11 AM

Pilot Powers.

I had the factory issued battalax, cannot complain but after moving to michelin PP's my riding changed a lot. They warm up quick & stick like crazy, totally builds your confidence.

Forgot to mention, they're amazing in the rain, been testing it for all this week & last, here in Dallas.

HTH
Ashish H.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Registered Users

I wish I could get 3500 out of tires.

Get slicks. LOL

I'd +1 Illushin's recommendations.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:25 AM

I run Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's and will never go back to anything else.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:34 PM

I ran Pirelli Super Dragon Corsa... absolutely amazing dry weather street legal tire.

The problem is don't dream of riding in the rain at any more than what the speed sign says. I have been riding mine in the rain and she's fine to a point but she'll hydroplane very very easily. I was on the highway last year at about 60mph mostly off the throttle - hit water and the rear tire spun free before I could get completely off the throttle. I had a really wicked rear end slide both ways (faced the concreate wall and the side of a van), before she straightened up and hooked up. Absolutely **** your pants rear wheel slide - when I was a) driving cautiously, b) not at all expecting it.

Dry weather - never come close to breaking free the front, I have slid the rear with a bit too much trail braking.

Old 06-29-2007, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

I run Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's and will never go back to anything else.
How do the corsa III's compare to the regular diablos? More for street, track, mileage?
________
Old man movie

Last edited by Rick619; 03-21-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Best Tire Made - Bar None