F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Best time to buy and best time to sell

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best time to buy and best time to sell

I live on the east coast. I was just wondering if anyone had any feedback on the best time to buy a new motorcycle and the best time to sell a used one. I imagine it would be best to sell just before the riding season and to buy probably in the winter or right after?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:22 PM
Default RE: Best time to buy and best time to sell

I know dealers and sellerscan get real bored about Oct. 15 through Christmas. They feel they are going to be eating the bike until the selling season. I think the selling season starts with about Daytona week. It will go strong until mid July, when it starts to level off. Time to sell is NOW, time to buy is later.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Retired Moderator

My local dealer chose to continue to sell the '06 (in '07)at full price until his inventory was gone. In that case, season didn't matter. I guess it depends where you are at and what you are buying (new or used).

Old 03-11-2007, 06:06 AM

bud, i live in nyc and i can tell you this. best time to buy is from novmeber to march. the most awesome time to sell is during mid July...people go crazy during the first week of June but July is just too nutty. My two riding friends sold their used bike(in july) for 600 more that its really worth.
g-luck

Old 04-10-2008, 04:23 PM

This year is very different.

My head is in the financial markets everyday and I have never seen things as they are in my life...

The Country is in a recession..

I just posted this but it applies here..Good luck to all and Cash is really king this year, so use your judgement...

<Would consider just about anything within the tread.. Sold my Honda last year with the girlfriend

Currently doing what I used to, still have a friend with a dealer license so searching the salvage sites and bidding while looking elswhere until I land the best bike for the $

Dont want to come off as busting on any sellers here but if you can get it "this year" all the more power to you, if not you will may be keeping your bike...
Money is tighter than its been in 15 years..Zillions of bike ads from house poor people.. ..Just a business man looking for a motorcycle>

Old 04-10-2008, 04:42 PM

Prob october the prices start goin down.but what i've notice is that into the new year they will sell the last years model HOWEVER to still make profit on last years models they will throw accesories on the bike like chrome wheels, foot pegs, maybe a slip on somethin say they make more money off it. so oct-jan

Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 PM

the best time to by anything new is always at the end of the month. that goes for cars motorcycles ect. because sales men are trying to fill their quota's. my brother sells them for a living and he's worked at 5 different dealer ships. so I think he knows what he's talking about.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 PM

Best time to buy is in the middle of winter the year that they come out with a new model. Look for a brand new bike that is 2-3 years older from the brand spankin new update. Case in point, the dealer down the road from me has a brandy new 2006 ZX10-R Kawi. Since the new one is already on the show room floors he cant sell it. It's marked down to 7999 right now and it still wont move. I may make an offer on it if it sits there much longer.