F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Best Pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STi*F4i=FUNi^2
Haha ya i deffinitly want my bike louder than stock because it sounds cool and its safer when other people can hear you, but unfortunatly the cops can be pretty **** about the noise. being from a town of about 2500, they know just about everything about you and where to find you. but i know what you mean by getting the sound to reflect off the glass/concrete downtown!
First of all, louder does NOT mean safer. That is a wide spread misconception, and a false sense of security. And secondly, big brother knows just about everything about all of us, it doesn't matter how small of a town you come from. If they want you they will come get you, no matter where you're at. Third, the best pipe to have is a CRACK pipe. Why do folks insist on asking "whats the best..." tires, oil, brakes, exhaust, ect. ect. Its all a matter of personal preference and driving style. Sure there are some that are better than others, but I think the question needs to be "Hey what do you guys suggest....and why?" Not "whats the best"

Old 04-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey..I have an RS-3 haha. The previous owner put a lame dent in the can though -_- As for tone I like it but I'd like something a little bit louder. As for looks..can't say it's the best looking pipe there. But whatever.. I don't have the money for another one. Here's a pretty crappy vid of my RS-3 if you want lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObOCT...e=channel_page

Old 04-03-2009, 06:08 AM

My bike came with a chrome type M4 slip on, the sound was nice, but not as nice as the 2bros slip on my pops 1000RR.

Since I don't like chrome, I sanded it, cut about 4 inches from the canister, and painted black. The sound is not loud at all (the 2bros on the 1000rr is actually louder, than the modified M4), and the black paint looks so much better than the chrome finish.

Now if I had the money, a high mount would be nice

Old 04-03-2009, 03:53 PM

I just have 20 miles of experience on my cbr f4i, but I actually like the stock pipe

Old 04-04-2009, 09:44 AM

Ok since we're talking pipes i love my 2bros, i mean it looks oval and its def not off an f4i but its deep and loud. Anyone know what its from?
Name:  IMG_5670.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  148.2 KB

Old 04-04-2009, 10:57 PM

I don't see why people.......(skoobydoobie) insist on complaining when someone asks what the best piece of equipment is. For instance, Akropovic is probably a better made pipe than something like a D&D. I didnt look into it but Im sure it gains more horsepower, fits better, and is made of higher quailty materials, therefore being a better pipe. I can understand if I asked, what pipe sounds the best?, then that would be a matter of opinion. However I should have refrased the question to "Which is the best quality pipe?" AND louder can be safer. If a driver does not check their blind spot and cant hear anyone there, they may change lanes, cutting the biker off. If the driver can hear the biker there, he will most likely look where the motorcycle is.

Last edited by STi*F4i=FUNi^2; 04-04-2009 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"What's the best" threads are fun and informative, plus it lets folks brag a little about what they have.
I enjoy them, especially oil threads, but I'm sick that way. I'll back you on that STi*F4i=FUNi^2.
If a driver does not check their blind spot and cant hear anyone there, they may change lanes,
cutting the biker off. If the driver can hear the biker there, he will most likely look where the motorcycle is.
Personally, I think this logic was developed by Harley Davidson riders to justify putting on annoyingly loud
straight pipes on their cruisers, thereby inflating their macho man egos even more. Good riders will always
anticipate that a car will cut them off and will behave accordingly; ie. not riding in blind spots and
always having an escape.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 AM

Go to youtube and listen to the different exhausts. thats what i did for my high mount DEVIL slip-on. +1 for NOT getting a d&d... they're just obnoxious!

Old 04-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Incognito
Personally, I think this logic was developed by Harley Davidson riders to justify putting on annoyingly loud
straight pipes on their cruisers, thereby inflating their macho man egos even more. Good riders will always
anticipate that a car will cut them off and will behave accordingly; ie. not riding in blind spots and
always having an escape.

X2!

Am I the only one here with a Micron? lol...

Old 04-05-2009, 01:07 PM

oh and best sounding exhaust for an f4i, better then 2bros is Level One Racing by far.

Quick Reply: Best Pipe?