F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

best HID kit to go with for the f4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To ensure its the bulb just plug it into the other ballast. Could potentially be a ballast or igniter.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, it's only a few days old, but I'm going to buy this kit http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=107&parent=61 with 35w/6000k/h7 bulb

HOWEVER, I'm concerned about this statement: 55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output (for example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit).

That is straight from DDM's site. I originally wanted to go with a 55w/6000k/h7 bulb, but now I don't know. I'm sure 35w is much brighter than stock, and that's what I want, brighter and whiter.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:57 PM

just go with 35w 6k, thats what im about to order

Old 01-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior
Talking

Ok there seems to be a lot of miss information up here.

Let me clarify as no one is posting pics.

I got mine from DDMtunning. Great price as they are on the end of year clearance.

Mine are 5k with 35W ballasts. These are projectors so there is a bit more blueing.
IF you want white go with the 4500K series as this is the standard that BMW, Mercedes, and Audi use.

I was going to order the 55W ballasts but i don't want to cook the plastic out of my headlight.

I installed them on my 06 Lincoln zephyr.

Here are some pics i know its not a motor cycle but really is the same principle.

Name:  IMG_1329edit.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  IMG_1321edit.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  95.6 KB

BEFORE

AFTER

I will put up some better night photos but there is to much rain to get good ones.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM

So I've read all this post and i dont get it, what is the difference between 35w and 55w?? 55w is brighter than 35 or what??
I don't think that the 55w ones could melt my headlight isn't it??

My friend drunkinmist, which projectors you use for your bike??

Old 01-12-2010, 12:20 PM

Drunkinmist, nice beer can in the garage . But I love that color. That's why I ordered the 6000k. I want the white with just a bit of blue. I was also worried about the 55w melting stuff, so I ordered last night, and went with the 35w.

If there isn't a DIY, and a lot of people want one, I'll take pictures as I do mine.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Drunkinmist, nice beer can in the garage . But I love that color. That's why I ordered the 6000k. I want the white with just a bit of blue. I was also worried about the 55w melting stuff, so I ordered last night, and went with the 35w.

If there isn't a DIY, and a lot of people want one, I'll take pictures as I do mine.
Please do, and hopefully you use the harness so we can see it installed as well.
Thanks!

Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM

There is a write up on hids,use the search function.These lights use alot of power on start ups,if you use the 55w you run the chance of melting your wires.I have had the 35w 6k for over a year without a problem and those are plenty bright even in day light.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

Originally Posted by John Cu
So I've read all this post and i dont get it, what is the difference between 35w and 55w?? 55w is brighter than 35 or what??
I don't think that the 55w ones could melt my headlight isn't it??

My friend drunkinmist, which projectors you use for your bike??

The 55W are way brighter. But they also run hotter. As in the bulb gets much hotter. DDM tunning says not to run in fog lights as there isn't enough room to dissipate the heat. I know the ones you see are in my car but for the bike i would consider them to be in a smaller almost fog light portion.

I am going to the junk yards in hope of finding a set of Lincoln fog lights as these ones are projectors and the fact they fit in the housing of my bike well. Just don't want to steal them off my car.

Still not sure what harness you all are talking about. If its the one from DDM tunning that is just an extender.

The wire that comes off the ballast to the HID headlight is kind of short as in less then 6in. That is where some people need longer ones for a car. For a bike it won't need one.

I didn't have a problem with flickering and if do have this problem you may need to run a power wire off the battery for the light to ignite.

Like i said earlier i will take some more pics to night to show all what is involved and some better night photos. Will have to wait till dark my time that west coast but it gets dark around here at about 4pm so not to bad. See you all then.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by letsride
There is a write up on hids,use the search function.These lights use alot of power on start ups,if you use the 55w you run the chance of melting your wires.I have had the 35w 6k for over a year without a problem and those are plenty bright even in day light.
I'm talking about a DIY F4i specific.
Hence my request for Zero to post one up.