F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Benefits of Frame sliders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Benefits of Frame sliders?

I have heard many of you guys talk about frame sliders? I have been looking at them but I am a new rider and looking for advice as to what they are for? Pardon the inexperience

Old 04-24-2007, 01:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Benefits of Frame sliders?

save the frame in the event of a get off...lowside...but highside and they don't do anything.
they also help protect some other parts besides the frame, like some areas of the plastic, etc.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:17 PM

Low= The tires going out from under you in a turn. Highside= you flipping off when bike snaps upright. (much much worse!) Just in case you don't understand terms from Tahoe.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

just get them and dont think twice about it. you'll be so thankful you listened when you do go down

Old 04-24-2007, 07:13 PM

They add at least 15hp to your bike, I would recommend getting the adhesive kind in chrome.

bling bling! now stare at my siggy

Old 04-24-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

Sr....i LOVE when you post, hahaha! that thing just draws you in. and once you begin to stare at it........its SO difficult to turn away......like "nah, it CANT break AGAIN.........AAAAAAH, ****, it broke again!"

lmao! great sig.

Old 04-24-2007, 08:08 PM

check out the definative gudie to installing vortex sliders in the How-To section to learn more about how to install them. also, make sure to go with a good brand, like vortex, woodcraft, shogun, etc...

ORIGINAL: txmorgan
They add at least 15hp to your bike, I would recommend getting the adhesive kind in chrome.
i hear if you get the chrome ones that also have those leds installed in them its adds up to 20hp. anyone know if thats true?

ORIGINAL: jaynd
Sr....i LOVE when you post, hahaha! that thing just draws you in. and once you begin to stare at it........its SO difficult to turn away......like "nah, it CANT break AGAIN.........AAAAAAH, ****, it broke again!"

lmao! great sig.
hahahahaha

________
Lovely Wendie

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 PM

Who is that?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:02 AM

I used to have 2 on my bike but after a bad start ona drag it dropped on its side and busted the slider off the right side at the base and still effed up my fairings. i think im gonna get a cage so i can do sweetass donuts on the side. hehe

Old 04-26-2007, 01:14 AM

I bought the vortex sliders but I never installed them. I still may install them at some point, but as of now I have no plans to.I think that it'sironic that you have to drill two large holes in your fairings in order to protect them from being damaged.... Chances are if I installed the sliders they might protect for fairings from being destroyed but they still would be damaged and I would just replace them anyway. I know they protect the frame to some extent but I figure if I wreck the bike it's insured and I'll get more for it than if I sold it anyway.

This is by no means advice....just my own preference.

Quick Reply: Benefits of Frame sliders?