F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Beg. of season maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beg. of season maintenance

I want to first apoligize if this is a repeating thread - i searched and couldnt find anything helpful. At the very least its another opportunity for someone to belittle me and say that this is a repeating thread and so forth.....

with that said I was curious as to what everyones beginning of years rituals are like. I want to insure that my bike is in tip top shape for the riding season as well as preserving it for the long run and insuring that i wont have any major problems in the future. I already annualy do oil change, oil filter, spark plugs......what else do you all do? What else is necessary? thanks appreciate the help guys

Old 05-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Beg. of season maintenance

if you properly stored the bike for the winter, you shouldn't have any problems. remember the brakes and tires are the 2 most important things on a bike. They keep you alive. They should be getting the most attention after storage and even before every ride.With that being said, make sure all the fluids are full. If the fluids have been replaced within the past 2 years, you should be good. The brake fluid should be clear and transparent. Look for the bubbles in the glass to make sure it's full. The coolent level should be full. Make sure there are no leakes due to the hoses getting looseafter the bike is fully warmed up. Things tend to get brittle during cold temperatures, so make sure everything is tight. If you kept the tank empty during storage, make sure there is no rust in the tank. You're supposed to keep it full at all times in storage.

Think that's about it. Missing anything?