F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Before and After in 39 days. (w/ pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Before and After in 39 days. (w/ pics)

ORIGINAL: ffingers
"may i also suggest removing the stickers off the chainguard"
Ugh, I know. The VIN sticker on the frame is still there, too. I'm just afraid there's going to be a ton of sticky stuff on the frame that I can't get off. I'll try Goo-Gone, haha...

Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM

If you run some kerosene over your chain and then lube it, it will be much less expensive than replacing

Old 09-10-2007, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i
"where in maine are you from?"
I live in Standish, on Sebago Lake. It's about 25-30 minutes from the Portland area.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:45 PM

the seat cowl looks good. ive seen others that are big and bulky but this gives a real clean look. nice job!

Old 09-11-2007, 01:37 AM

ORIGINAL: CRBNFBR

The VIN sticker on the frame is still there, too. I'm just afraid there's going to be a ton of sticky stuff on the frame that I can't get off. I'll try Goo-Gone, haha...
....hopefully youre not saying that youre gonna take the VIN sticker off the frame.....
________
Box Vaporizers

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: axsys

....hopefully youre not saying that youre gonna take the VIN sticker off the frame.....
+1. DO NOT remove the VIN sticker off of your frame. The others had suggested that you remove the stickers off the chainguard and swingarm.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered Users

first off, you CAN take the VIN sticker off the frame...the vin is stamped on the frame up by the tripe tree clamp.....and why do you think it's bad to take off that VIN sticker??? it would be one thing if the VIN was no longer obtainable, but it is...just like on a car...the VIN is on a sticker on the doorjam...not even visible when the car is locked and closed, but it is visible on the dash on a metal plate...that is the only thing that matters anyways...if they were to try and actually find our your VIN number they would look to the number stamped, not the sticker because you could always fake a sticker, you can't fake the VIN stamped onto the frame...

that being said...i removed it..!!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:14 AM

ffingers, i guess thats true. it would just seem to me that it COULD possibly be considered tampering with a VIN. if you remove the chain guard stickers or any other stickers, its just makes the bike look better. but if you remove a VIN sticker, it could end up hurting your bike when you have to register it or sell it or something. well, thats at least the way i thought of it. it is still stamped on there though.
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by axsys; 05-04-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered Users

no i understand the confusion...i thought the same thing until i realized the same number is stamped on the frame....that's why you can buy a frame that doesn't have a "sticker" on it but it's still fine...the sticker is there just to make it easier to read....look at guys who polish the frame and/or coat their frame, they obviously don't have their VIN sticker replaced....just like in a car, if you remove that VIN sticker on the door ledge, your fine, if you attempt to remove the PLATE on the dash then your screwed...

Old 09-11-2007, 10:34 AM

Good point ffingers. I forgot about the stamp on the frame itself. I have no plans on removing mine, but if others want to remove it, go right ahead, I guess.

Quick Reply: Before and After in 39 days. (w/ pics)