F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

bad ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bad ride

i live in the new england area so ridin on january 7th is pretty rare. i took my bike out today cuz it was so nice out, i was ridin for over an hour and then i see a town bike cop come up like a foot from my *** and pull me over. i was goin about 10 miles an hour.. it was in traffic right after a green light so i had no idea what i did.. he asked for my license and reg. so i gave them to him and after he looks at them he asks for a valid registration.. i was like WTF? why isnt that valid i registered it like 3 months ago in october.. no one told me they expire at the end of the year... so he was bein a dick and i had to have my bike towed home. i know it could have been worse but i got stuck with a $130 tow fee.. like i said i know its not THAT bad but im just pissed cuz i really didnt know.

Old 01-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Default RE: bad ride

ouch! that sucks =\

Old 01-08-2007, 01:24 AM

that sux

Old 01-08-2007, 01:45 AM

power trip.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:48 AM

That is a real ******* move by the cop, here in NY registration is good for one year from the date of registration.
If all bike registrations expire on new years then it is very likely that cops will pull over every bike they see in January because its very probable that the registration is not renewed.
But never the less he should have just wrote you up a ticket and let you go, making you tow the bike home is a bit much for an expired registration!
btw, if you didnt do anything what was his probable cause to pull you over?? cops need a reason or a traffic violation on your part to pull you over, they cant just stop you to check your papers.

Old 01-08-2007, 01:10 PM

Thats really odd that it expires at the end of the year. Is it that way on all bike where you live. Here in Nebraska it last for an entire year after you register it. I figured it was that way everywhere.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:15 PM

i guess his cause for pullin me over was the plate.. he was like a foot away from my tire so im guessin ge saw the expired plate.. im kinda glad he didnt give me a ticket and had me tow it instead cuz the fee for operating an unregistered vehicle is like 350

Old 01-08-2007, 02:27 PM

What state in NE do you live in?
________
Cheap Airsoft Pistols Tactical Spring Handgun

Last edited by Brandon77; 04-09-2011 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: BoRkA
But never the less he should have just wrote you up a ticket and let you go, making you tow the bike home is a bit much for an expired registration!
btw, if you didnt do anything what was his probable cause to pull you over?? cops need a reason or a traffic violation on your part to pull you over, they cant just stop you to check your papers.
Wrong on two counts there borka. Like hyooz said, the towing fee is much better than the ticket fee. Let alone if he ended up withBOTH fees. And secondly, an expired plate is the reason a LOT of people get pulled over - and it is legit. Cops then use that as a reason to see if the driver has any out-standing warrants, is possibly under the influence, has current insurance, driving on a valid license, etc.

But yes that was a ******** move by the cop. Here in Michigan they just changed the law about registration. It used to be from April 1 to March 31 for EVERYONE. But now it is the same as our cages - expires the month of your birthday. Now I don't have to go to the Secretary of State [:'(]TWICE each year for tags.Very nice

Old 01-08-2007, 02:53 PM

I agree that's not normal to have a registration expire in Jan 1, would that mean that the dmv is open on new years day to support all those people who will be there to renew it?

Quick Reply: bad ride