F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Was bad out riding tonight with friends.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Was bad out riding tonight with friends.

ORIGINAL: cbrizzle

Earlier tonight I was out riding with my 3 friends, one with '07 R6, '07 600RR, '04 600RR, and me '02 600F4i. We were trying to find some twisty roads to practice our leaning. We all were at a turning lane turning left onto a road. My 3 friends made it across very quickly with traffic coming towards us, so I waited patiently until they past then I went across. A cop turns into the road as they pull into that road. I turn in there not knowing there was a cop and see lots of dirt in the air as the cop goes into the opposing lane and passed the guy on the 04 RR on a blind turn . The cop rushed forward and pulled over my friend in the R6. Me and the 2 RR's stopped into a neighborhood for a little bit to wait for our friend. The road was had a 25 or 35 speed limit. Later on my friend on the R6 meets up with us at a bubble tea shop. The cop said he was doing 70 but gave him a ticket for 60. He didnt use any radar or laser detectors when my friend asked to see it. He just said I know how to do my job. There was no way we could have been doing 60-70 on that road unless we were pros. That cop was such a dick. He could have got me and my friend in an accident from pulling into the other lane on a blind turn.
go to court to fight it call the officer to the stand and ask him if the bike was doing 60-70 like he claims around the turns how the the squad car catch up?

Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM

find some highschool pitcher to throw a base ball get the cop to say how fast the ball is going. radar the ball... and hope the cop isnt a lucky guesser haha

Old 08-07-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie

good trick im going to have to rember this one!

FIGHT THE MAN!! thats nuff said...
Yup, just tell them you have to be at work on that day or something, then reschedule it for a different day. For example, if your court date is on a tuesday, reschedule it for friday (different day of the week since the officer may have a routine schedule).

it's worked for me everytime.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:15 PM

i had the same thing happen to me. i caught a ticket from a cop that told me i was going 40mph in a 30 zone. he had no radar but the was equipped with idiocy and some kind of "special speed training".
anyway;i went to court, told the judge the officerhad no proof and his estimation is subjective and there is no basis on how he determined my actual speed. the judge of course sided with the cop. however, right after the judge gave his verdict i asked him how do i file for an appeal to his "just verdict"
its a tough case to fight, tell your friend to do some research.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrizzle

Later on my friend on the R6 meets up with us at a bubble tea shop.
..."bubble tea shop?"

Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: cbr_newbie
didnt know that you could get a ticket for having your visor up while moving? that doesnt make any sense.. what about harley ppl that wear a half helm?
the requirement, even in states without a helmet law...is that you have eye protection on...in(i believe) all 50 states, if your drivinga motorcycle, scooter, or even a car with no windshield...you are required to be wearing shatter proof eye protection while moving

Old 08-07-2007, 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Wildcat

..."bubble tea shop?"
Its like an asian desert like tea drinkwith little soft ***** that are chewy in a certain flavor of choice tea i.e. honeydew, lychee, regular. Not quite sure how to explain it.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:31 AM

First of all, what state are you in? Alot of things will depend on the state laws and procedures of the state you live in. I'm in NY, and have a pretty good handle on what can be requested in a NY court.

If the officer says he did not use any radar, he's basing the speed on his "independent speed estimate" training. It sounds ridiculous, but it is in fact real...I'm trained in it myself and can judge a vehicle speed with a +/- of 5mph. If your court system allows for it, request in advance for the officer to bring proof of his independent speed estimate training. And in court ask if the officer was moving or stationary, as most training teaches this skill from a stationary position.

If you find out that he did use some kind of radar, request proof of the officer's radar training, the calibration paperwork for the radar gun used, and also ask if he was stationary for the radar use, as radar units are not meant to be used while moving.

The reschedule thing is a good idea, but lots of courts require all reschedule dates to be at the availability of the officer, it all depends on the city/state. Don't try to turn the situation on the cop, judges will not care if the cop blew by other bikes to get the one he was after, as he is only concerned with the violation that was written on the summons, and it will make you sound like you're trying to project your guilt onto the cop.

And of course, be polite and speak clearly & concisely to the judge, it gives you more credibility. Just my advise, hope it helps...

Old 08-08-2007, 01:44 AM

Personally i hope i never find myself in the position to run but when you hear the stories about how people get screwed around sometimes i wonder why bikes stop for police. I don't think i ever would run because my license is my income so loosing it would suck but in ontario can. it is against the law for the police to pursue a motorcycle that takes off. I've talked a few and personally know a couple of cops that all say that they have to let bikes go because they can't catch them anyway. I'm not sure what the laws in the states are like but when you've been screwed by the cops enough I can almost side with the guy that runs as long as he's not endangering anyone but himself.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 AM

I am in Atl, GA. I saw the ticket, only patrol car was checked for speed checking device for the 3 boxes of either laser, radar, or patrol car. They cop was not at a stop when he did his estimate because he turned into the same road that my friends turned into. It was also about midnight, so I dont know how he could estimatethat speed around 25 mph turns on a pitch black road. I know at night speed is also very decieving.

Quick Reply: Was bad out riding tonight with friends.