F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Was bad out riding tonight with friends.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was bad out riding tonight with friends.

Earlier tonight I was out riding with my 3 friends, one with '07 R6, '07 600RR, '04 600RR, and me '02 600F4i. We were trying to find some twisty roads to practice our leaning. We all were at a turning lane turning left onto a road. My 3 friends made it across very quickly with traffic coming towards us, so I waited patiently until they past then I went across. A cop turns into the road as they pull into that road. I turn in there not knowing there was a cop and see lots of dirt in the air as the cop goes into the opposing lane and passed the guy on the 04 RR on a blind turn . The cop rushed forward and pulled over my friend in the R6. Me and the 2 RR's stopped into a neighborhood for a little bit to wait for our friend. The road was had a 25 or 35 speed limit. Later on my friend on the R6 meets up with us at a bubble tea shop. The cop said he was doing 70 but gave him a ticket for 60. He didnt use any radar or laser detectors when my friend asked to see it. He just said I know how to do my job. There was no way we could have been doing 60-70 on that road unless we were pros. That cop was such a dick. He could have got me and my friend in an accident from pulling into the other lane on a blind turn.

Old 08-07-2007, 12:31 AM
Default RE: Was bad out riding tonight with friends.

that sucks that he got a ticket

not to be a dick, but the cop has no obligation to show your buddy the results from the radar/laser in the field...if your friend really believes the cops got nothin...he should plead not guilty and fight it in court

good luck if he goes that route, hopefully the cop just wont show up

PS: good to see a good group out there...your friend didnt run and you guys waited up for him...there seems to be alot of people talking about running from the cops recently

Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 AM

Yea i know he doesnt have to show it, but he said he didnt use any of those it was just his estimate because it is his job to tell how fast cars/bikes go. I dont think he even saw my friend take any of those turns, but oh well.That same guy has had 4 other tickets in the past 4 weeks. Hes been having some serious bad luck lately. First his 06 gsxr got stolen. Then he got a ticket for not having his visor down when the bike was moving. Then he got a ticket for doing 85 on a highway. Then he got a ticket for having his tag too deep and cop claimed not visible. And now this ticket. I feel kinda bad for him. He said hes gonna stop street riding and only go to the track.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the cop was probably a dick due to the fact that he could have seen your friends do something stupid. Just remember cops are out there doing their job trying to keep us safe. As bad as the was the night could have been worse if something serious were to happen.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:17 AM

sorry man, but good luck fighting that, in my car 3-4 years back i asked the cop to see the radar, he said no, i fought the ticket, went to court, and he showed up and they basically said he doesnt have to show you radar, and it was basically his word against mine. and them talking about his "highly trained ability" to judge how fast a car is going without radar also.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's what happens when you ride a bike that 'looks' fast...
fight it in court...or trial by declaration.
just note that now most cops have all their cases scheduled for 1 day so they're more likely to show up.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:47 AM

The thing to do is just be honest and pull over ASAP. Turn the bike off, kick the stand down, take off the helmet, and keep the hands visible. Any cop will appreciate those measures. Some may still ticket you for doing something wrong, but they may be more likely to tell you slow yourself down. Your buddies outstanding tickets probably didn't do him any favors when he was pulled over. I had a state boy ticket me for rolling my car, but I was just honest with him and he even gave me the court's phone number. Told me he wouldn't be there. Great guy.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 AM

reschedule the court date. easiest way to get out of a ticket. make sure it's on a day that the officer doesn't have court duty... you're allowed to ask what his schedule is since he is a state/county/city (whatever) employee. i've been pulled over about half a dozen times for speeding in the past 5 years...

0 points on this license...

Old 08-07-2007, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

reschedule the court date. easiest way to get out of a ticket. make sure it's on a day that the officer doesn't have court duty... you're allowed to ask what his schedule is since he is a state/county/city (whatever) employee. i've been pulled over about half a dozen times for speeding in the past 5 years...

0 points on this license...
good trick im going to have to rember this one!

FIGHT THE MAN!! thats nuff said...

but yea that sucks man gsxrstolen... didnt know that you could get a ticket for having your visor up while moving? that doesnt make any sense.. what about harley ppl that wear a half helm?

Old 08-07-2007, 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

that's what happens when you ride a bike that 'looks' fast...
fight it in court...or trial by declaration.
just note that now most cops have all their cases scheduled for 1 day so they're more likely to show up.
file an extention, then request the police officer to be there.

Quick Reply: Was bad out riding tonight with friends.