F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bad gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad gas?

So i went for a ride today. Well before i was able to i had to push start my bike my battery is finally going out ( i think) i will find out when i try and charge it. but back to the point i was about a mile from my house holding a steady throttle in 2nd around 6k and the bike started lurching up and down in the RPM's so i decied to drop it to first and get some acceleration to see if it was some bad gas and i would just burn it up. But once i got back to steady throttle again it's still lurching so i pull over put it in neutral and rev it and hold it steady around 3k and it is still jumping i adjust my idle control alittle higher and it stops i have no idea what was the problem, but the bike seems to be fine now, but my idle was sitting right around 1.1k now its just under 1.5k so im gonna turn it back down to see whats up anyone have any ideas?1

Old 05-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Default RE: Bad gas?

How long had you been riding when it started lurchin around. I had the same experienceonce,but ihad started the bike and immediatly started ridin cause I was pissed off. It felt like I had fouled the plugs. From then on I let the bike warm up to at least 120 the start ridin easy til after 150 before rippin it up.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 PM

check your battery terminal make sure there tight

Old 05-09-2007, 01:55 AM

i got some bad gas, but it was from a mexican restaurant

Old 05-09-2007, 03:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo

i got some bad gas, but it was from a mexican restaurant
lol........Anyways, i started riding it right away because i had to roll jump it down my drive way.. so im assuming that wsa it because it worked out fine later