F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bad Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Gas?

So my bike wasnt starting and i checked the spark plugs, they were fouled out so i put new ones in. the bike fired right up sounded great and everything. Man was i excited! well the excitement was only short lived becuase later that evening i tried starting it again after putting the air box back on and mounting the tank again, and it wouldnt start. I took it back apart and the bike fired up but was running real rough and when i would give it a little throttle it would die out. Im not really sure what is going on but i do know the guy who sold me the bike said that the gas had been in there for awhile. has anyone ever heard of bag gas causing an issue like this?

Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 AM

how long has it been in there?

IF gas is bad you can smell it from a mile away.

If I had the tank off and I was even one bit suspicious that the fuel was old I would have drained it and filled it up with some fresh fuel.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:01 PM

well i wasnt sure how long the gas had been in there but the guy said he put stabalizer in it. But anyhow, i drained the tank last night cuase i couldnt take it anymore and put fresh fuel and her can guess what? She fired right up. I let her run for about 30 minutes and she sounded great. Cant wait to get my speedo and upper stay fairing bracket so i can get her road ready! good weather will be here soon