F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bad gas??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you would notice a fuel related problem much sooner in a bike than a car/truck/boat because the compression ratio is much higher and needs the fuel to burn much quicker than the other vehicles will

Old 10-25-2009, 10:25 AM
C55

alright guys, thanks for all the input. to answer some of the questions, no, i am not showing an fi light and the plugs were carbon fouled. i'm in south florida so the temps run from the high 90's to probably the 70's at lowest lately. i didn't notice any rust in the tank but i will give it a better look. when the bike was running properly and started on a cold engine, it would idle high until it got warmed up then drop down to around the 1000 range i think it was. now when i get it started with an open throttle and let it go, it starts at around the 1000 range and slowly drops until it stalls. but even when i give it gas, i can feel it hesitating a lot. also got a bit of white exhaust from the pipe which increases when i give it gas. again, the gas smelled unusual and had a pretty dark yellow color to it. when i changed out the fuel pump the fuel seemed to flow properly when the pump primed so i dont' think that the lines are clogged. again guys, thanks for all the help. i'll let you guys know if i get it figured out and what works.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:32 AM

the 3000 down to 1000 range was what it needs to be at. if it jumps to 1000 on a cold motor, the idle is too low. and white exhaust could be a head gasket problem, have somebody tear it apart!!