CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Auctmart complaint and rant (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/auctmart-complaint-rant-121451/)

Dragondima 02-20-2011 09:52 PM

Auctmart complaint and rant

I'm not really one to complain about companies, or give bad reviews, but this time i feel i should at least share my experience with you guys.

So i finally got around to cleaning the bike, and as i was washing it down, all the scratches and scrapes on it kind of got to me. I want to get a full set, and even though i originally wanted to go with Delkevic, i decided to go with Auctmart because the price seemed the most compelling.

I emailed them asking for a quote for a Red/Black 01 CBR F4i set with shipping, and i asked if they could give me a price with levers, and turning signal mirrors. I got a reply saying the price will be $560! I was really excited, and happy, that'd be a pretty good price, saving me a few bucks.

Then they clarified saying that's only for the fairings, and the mirrors would be an extra $9. I replied asking about levers, and they said that'd be an extra $40! Wtf!?

I go to their website page and see that fairings are $309+$225 shipping, that's $534. I email them stating that on ebay it's 534, and you're now quoting me $560. What's the change.

They ignore me, and don't answer the question whatsoever. They reply within 5-10 minutes, which is great, but on this question, no response. I emailed them the next day asking, they avoid the answer, and ask about lever choices.

This to me is a huge miscommunication, and only shows a poor representation of them. I really expected better from them, and would rather pay more to delkevic, and have a better experience and a support that doesn't avoid questions.

Sorry about the length, but i was a bit ticked. I'd love to hear any feedback from you guys, and if Auctmart reads this, what's up guys? What's your explanation for this?

madman 02-21-2011 07:45 AM

gee I dunno maybe cause they are a Chinese co. that just wants your money?

redzintimidator 02-21-2011 09:39 AM

They no unerstan

Not really picking..i live with chinese students and sometimes it is difficult to say some things. So i understand some miscommunication...maybe?

Send them links to everything on ebay and ask them how much for all of "these" with a discount maybe

bowflexmaverick 02-21-2011 12:17 PM

hmmm that is weird. I just barely bought a set from them for 500$. Just told them I'd like to do the deal outside of ebay and they gave me that price.

Dragondima 02-21-2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by bowflexmaverick (Post 1017129)
hmmm that is weird. I just barely bought a set from them for 500$. Just told them I'd like to do the deal outside of ebay and they gave me that price.

I wish that was the case, but they were shaddy with their costs, and didn't really want to talk money. "here's the cost, what else do you want" is the feeling i got from them. Very unfriendly, and made me question their pricing. When it cost less to buy on ebay they said "we already answered that" which they hadn't. I made sure of that by rereading our conversation. I'd rather give my money to Delkevic or CbrFairings. I haven't decided which one, but i'll email both and see how their responses are. It's important to have good support. I won't be giving Auctmart any of my money, and from my experience don't recommend them.

What a shame too, i actually wanted to buy new fairing from them.

As for them being Chinese, i don't think that's the case, i think it's just how they dealt with their business.