F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Anyone running a corbin seat on their 04-06 f4i?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running a corbin seat on their 04-06 f4i?

Hey everyone, i'm just wondering if i could get some insight from those who use a corbin banana type 2 part seat on their 04-06 f4i. I have a 06 that i was thinking of throwing a corbin on. I'm fairly short at 5'7" and i find i sit forward on the stock seat to decrease my lean angle. When i looked at the pictures of the corbin seat it looks like it's designed to have you comfortably sitting back about 4" on the seat to where the seat is supportive for your lower back/ glutes area. Is this not the right seat for a short guy like myself? I just bought this bike and haven't ridden it much at all, maybe 5 miles or so. I plan to ride it on the highway for 4 hour spurts here and there. Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks

Old 01-05-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rosscopeeko
Hey everyone, i'm just wondering if i could get some insight from those who use a corbin banana type 2 part seat on their 04-06 f4i. I have a 06 that i was thinking of throwing a corbin on. I'm fairly short at 5'7" and i find i sit forward on the stock seat to decrease my lean angle. When i looked at the pictures of the corbin seat it looks like it's designed to have you comfortably sitting back about 4" on the seat to where the seat is supportive for your lower back/ glutes area. Is this not the right seat for a short guy like myself? I just bought this bike and haven't ridden it much at all, maybe 5 miles or so. I plan to ride it on the highway for 4 hour spurts here and there. Can anyone offer some insight? Thanks
Get some miles on it first. You may find the stock seat is just fine for what you want to do.

I have a custom Sargent because I tour on it. It's flatter than the stock seat, which is comfortable for long cruises, but not so good for the track if you want to slide off the seat for cornering.

Corbin is said to harder and less conforming. But I've never tried one. Have a Corbin on my Triump Sprint and it's quite good.

Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Berto
Get some miles on it first. You may find the stock seat is just fine for what you want to do.

try some cycling shorts for those long trips..always helped me for the long trips and its cheaper..but i dont have hundreds to spend on new seats so i make due

Old 01-05-2010, 01:31 PM

Thanks guys, guess i'll wait. I'm also going to be taking the girlfriend on some 2 hour trips on this bike, so i'll base my final decision on how the the back seat comfort is for her as well. I'll use this extra money for a steering damper and a set of sliders. Thanks guys.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:51 PM

Mine is an 03 so I have the 2 piece step up seat but I do have corbin seats. I have driven with both the stock and corbins and keep the corbins on for everyday driving. They are pretty hard but are shaped more for your butt so are comfy. I have driven up to 5 hours without numb bum. My a$$ thanks me everytime I get on the bike now.