F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

anyone run -1 without a speedohealer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone run -1 without a speedohealer?

Your odo probly counts faster than it should? what's the mileage/mph error? reduces resale price of bike?!!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone run -1 without a speedohealer?

i do. there is both speed and odo error. the speedo is about 10%. I.E. if it says 44, you are going 40. the only thing that would hurt resale is the higer odo reading.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM

does it make a big difference in acceleration? or is that also proportionally 10%?

Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM

The -1 gives you more go down low (I really didn't mean to make it rhyme). The powerband is moved lower on the revs so you accelerate quicker than stock. Do the 10% for your speed and it's close enough. I don't know what the odo error is but it will make your miles go up faster which could hurt resale. Speedohealer won't correct the odo error however .

Old 08-06-2008, 07:03 PM

NO! The speedohealer DOES fix the the odometer e.rror. The odometer and speedometer are both driven by the same sensor. There is a few percent difference between the odometer and the speedometer. The Odometer is s.et to be as close to accurate as possible, w.here the speedometer is s.et to be a bit optimistic (legal issues of speeding tickets and accidents I suppose).

The powerband is not moved compared to the revs, it is moved in terms of road speed. It basically means that the gear ratios are all changed by 10%. This is the same thing as a pulley s.etup. You can have a big pulley s.etup that means a person could easily lift a car, but it takes more revolutions to do it. Or, in bike speak, you rev more, but accelerate more easily. Powerband doesn't change - torque to the rear tire does, therefore improving acceleration.

The speedohealer is $100, takes 15 minutes to install (with practice), and will reduce odometer and speedometer e.rror. You can take the guess work out of what the speedometer should read to not get a ticket, better judge when you need to stop for gas (gas sign says 40 miles, you know you have "50 e.rrored miles" l.eft of gas, is it enough gas?) and it also helps resale. Plus you get the "High Score" feature on your speedometer - a great squid bonus.

Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 PM

Would it be possible to calibrate the speedohealer so you read less miles on the odo than actual?

Old 08-06-2008, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

i do. there is both speed and odo error. the speedo is about 10%. I.E. if it says 44, you are going 40. the only thing that would hurt resale is the higer odo reading.
funny. i have stock and i'm 10% off per GPS (and speed radar)

Old 08-07-2008, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL:
The speedohealer is $100,
That's the only problem I have with it with my student budget I got to replace tires+chain, so it's running high! Will look for one in classifieds...

Old 08-07-2008, 04:32 AM

You could make less miles show on the odometer than actually were done... but remember, the speedometer and odometer are linked, so you will have the speedometer reading low too.

Old 08-07-2008, 10:16 AM
WOT

My bike is off pretty bad but I don't worry about it. It sucks about the ODO for resale, but the MPH is no big deal for me, you get used to it.

Quick Reply: anyone run -1 without a speedohealer?