F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

ANY CHROME F4i's OUT THERE?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrome slows you down...., if you want chrome go buy a Harley.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wud up kid its justin.. i gotta post pics of my bike i did a lot to it.. when we ridin bro?

Originally Posted by jam0837
everyone has their own opinion. I like chrome and thus bought some chrome for my bike, nothing too crazy. Chrome rims, swingarm, bar ends, front and rear brake res. covers, levers. Below are some pictures before I put the levers on.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by jae_nyce
wud up kid its justin.. i gotta post pics of my bike i did a lot to it.. when we ridin bro?
So snap what up justin...what a small world that you found me on here....I rode today to the bx. i cant ride tomorrow but the next weekend thats nice ill shoot you a text.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by iJapanesey
Chrome slows you down...., if you want chrome go buy a Harley.
i dont ride track so i dont care!! if i twist the throttle it still pulls and i still can bring her to 140 no problem which is plenty fast for me

Old 04-23-2010, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by bluerrchik
That's a nice looking F4i, I have an 01 in the same color scheme...the blk/silv was always a favorite. I haven't put any chrome on it yet, and might not, but I also have an 04 RR with chrome rims, mirrors, reservoir covers, levers, barends, heel guards and chain guard. That's all the chrome I am putting on mine and I always get compliments on it. I haven't over done it like you said, haven't gone crazy. To be honest, the only real chrome is the rims, the rest is just the chrome plated stuff thats shiny lol. I can appreciate all the bikes on the forum who choose to upgrade their bikes performance wise, i.e. upgrades that shave weight off the bike and all, and if I had the money I would probably do that to another bike but really I don't need it. Sooo.....until I do...me and my shiny chrome accented RR is happy. I take twisties with friends up in the mountains and really don't notice that much difference...I think I read somewhere on the forum that the weight difference is only ounces...so in that aspect I'm not worried. There are some beautiful bikes on here....chrome upgraded...performance upgraded...I don't care....I have an appreciation for all of them.
i feel the exact same why man. i appreciate all and any personalization of bikes. i havent felt any real difference in handling or power with all the chrome so im happy with it all.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:54 PM

You arent going to notice any power drop just riding on the streets. You'll notice it when that stock/carbon fiber F4i gets the jump on you and continues to pull away because his power to weight ratio is superior. Chrome, imo, is bar far the worst mod anyone could put on the sportsbike, unless they are doing it strictly for show and by show I mean just that... To take to bike shows and not ride. Buy a standard or cruiser is you want chrome. They come cheaper and are much more comfortable.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i dont get it, i say chrome out an f4i if you want to!
if you wanted a super fast bike-why did you buy an f4i?

i always thought the f4is were more for people who liked doing stuff like the chrome wheels to their bike, not making sickly fast-they are plenty quick but they just arent that fast anyways

if you want a fast bike-DONT buy an f4i but if you want a fun peppy bike to fix up and personalize, get it

im sry but all this talk bout chrome slowing it down is confusing me-the f4i isnt a racing bike

Old 04-23-2010, 11:22 PM

The F4i may not be the fastest sportsbike, or the most aggressive, out there but that doesn't mean it wasn't built for performance. Why buy a performance bike if you are going to decrease the power to weight ratio? You can get a newer, more advanced, standard for the same price as a F4i.

Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 AM
July 2010 ROTM

For looks. A standard bike doesn't look as sporty as an f4i. So why buy a standard when u could buy an f4i. Especially if somones just lookin for something fun that looks cool not so much lookin for performance.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:12 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

im not a large fan of chrome mostly because of rust... i say go polished aluminum any day of the week....

but i say its the owners decision as to what they want to do we shouldn't condemn other because they wanna put some chrome on their bike but flip side they shouldn't go asking why their bike seem slower or weights more in the end...

to be honest... if u want something "CHROME" why not try the new powder coat chrome.... it doesnt rust that way.... or pit

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ANY CHROME F4i's OUT THERE?