CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Another Seafoam question :) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/another-seafoam-question-121576/)

highercal 02-23-2011 04:19 PM

Another Seafoam question :)

Ok, so I did some research on this stuff and I'm seeing that a lot of folks are adding too much seafoam in their tanks causing their bikes to not start. My question is, what is the exact amount of seafoam I should use on my CBR600F4i?

*Flame suit on*

Kuroshio 02-23-2011 05:49 PM

No need for a flame suit that I know of. I can't answer cause I haven't tried it in my tank yet. Obviously tho, an entire bottle would be massive overkill.

Btw, you need to intro yourself in the New Members section. Otherwise, nobody will see the posts ;)

highercal 02-23-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio (Post 1018009)
No need for a flame suit that I know of. I can't answer cause I haven't tried it in my tank yet. Obviously tho, an entire bottle would be massive overkill.

Btw, you need to intro yourself in the New Members section. Otherwise, nobody will see the posts ;)

How rude of me!! I apologize, I wasn't aware. Maybe I should read the rules huh :icon_emm:

Seafordguy 02-23-2011 08:18 PM

Why not read the bottle and follow the directions?

backyardmechanic 02-23-2011 08:20 PM

I did the whole bottle and it burnt my spark plugs out. more and it would have burned the injecter tips off, this is real and has happened, but not to me. use a bout a quarter for a full tank

highercal 02-23-2011 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by backyardmechanic (Post 1018059)
I did the whole bottle and it burnt my spark plugs out. more and it would have burned the injecter tips off, this is real and has happened, but not to me. use a bout a quarter for a full tank

Dope! Is it true that we shouldn't add this to our crankshaft due to our wet clutch? :icon_shrug:

Kuroshio 02-23-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by highercal (Post 1018068)
Dope! Is it true that we shouldn't add this to our crankshaft due to our wet clutch? :icon_shrug:

That I do know the answer to. You can add it to your oil per the instructions but its not for long term use. If you add it to the oil, you should change the oil within 50-100 miles. And it's not something you do every oil change

heyitsmelam 02-23-2011 10:44 PM

i use 1oz per gallon

highercal 02-24-2011 03:49 PM

Cool, thanks for the help!!

This forum rules \m/:D\m/

Seafordguy 02-24-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by highercal (Post 1018068)

I wouldn't add anything EVER to my crankcase oil. That is just stupid if you ask me. No manufacturer or person with any common sense would tell you that it is a good idea to dilute motor oil.

I do believe that Seafoam is effective as a stabilizer and in certain circumstances it is useful in cleaning up Carbs, but other than that I would be careful in how I use it.

That's my .02.