F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Another CCT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another CCT thread

Hey doods, not new to this site or anything but I haven't been on in a while so I made a new account. Anyways I just recently replaced my APE CCT with a new OEM CCT because I had problems with the lock nut coming loose during a ride. Being myself as soon as I got the new OEM CCT in the mail I opened up the package and pulled the pin out of the CCT [:@]. So long story short I had to take apart the CCT and re-tension the arm and put it back together. After I installed it, it was running perfectly fine, no issues. However, a few days later the infamous rattling noise started to come out, and over the past week it has continually worsened. Its to the point where I can't really ride it anymore but I haven't started taking the bike apart because I hate working with the CCT. So my question is: Has anyone else done this, where they need to take apart the CCT and re-tension it? If so, did you have any issues with it, and did you have to re-tension the arm to a specific torque? Right now I will probably just take it out again, and re-tension the push rod as tight as I realistically can and hope that it stayswithin the proper tension. Also, am I wasting my time doing this because once you pop the pin you can never reuse it? Thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 01:43 PM
WOT
Default RE: Another CCT thread

Hey, that sucks that you removed the pin. There's a special key referenced in the manual to retract it.

Did you release it once you installed it?

Are all your bolts tight holding it in?

Did you put it in with the dots facing towards the frame?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM

dang, never had anyone replace the CCT, just the CCTL

hijacking of thread: complete

Old 08-20-2008, 05:42 PM

all you have to do to retract the shaft is take a small flat head screwdriver, stick it in where the pin goes and turn it....