F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

am i worring for nothing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i worring for nothing?

Hey guys, ok heres the deal im set on getting a new bike real soon, or not riding it until begining of next season (which wont really be possible, i love riding) because my current bike has 20k miles on it. 01 f4i, this is alot for bikes most will admit. is it to much like to the point where i should really be trying to get rid of it? ie. if i keep it for another 8mos and it has 26k miles (i use it as a daily driver for the most part) will i still be able to sell it? (if so for what price) and what about maintence? Its got a brand new chain, sprokets, plugs etc. and it had the valve adjustment at 18k. So am i worrying for nothing? the bikes paid off, just for some reason i am set on selling it and using that money to get a newer f4i. (this is my first bike which is why i didnt buy a new one, but now im concered about miles)
please tell me im right or tell me i have nothing to worry about

the only reason i bring this up is because my wife wants me to wait until marchish to sell my current bike before i get a new one. I am worreid about the extra miles and stuff i will put on it, should i just shut up and wait?

Thanks guys

Old 07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Default RE: am i worring for nothing?

Don't worry about it just ride the damn bike !!!!!!!! enjoy it and get yer new bike when you get it .............. and yes yer worried for nothing !!!

Old 07-04-2006, 05:45 PM

I was reading on another form a guy has 50,000 on his F4i and he just took a road trip with it. If maintnace is done and you take care of it it will last forever . Remember its a HONDA.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 PM

If you were thinking of unloading it and getting an RR or a 1000 I could see some logic, but to get basically the same bike...I would keep it, and every month you have it, put away a hundred bucks or so, as if you had got a new one and were paying it off. In a little while you will have enough to get a new bike if and when the present one finally goes to that great junkyard in the sky.

Kent

Old 07-04-2006, 09:12 PM

good point pistonrings, i guess my issue is how long does one think they will last ie how many miles. I dont want it to just die on me and then im out a couple grand as opposed to getting rid of it now. Dont get me wrong it runs like a champ ive never had a problem with it etc. I dont want an rr due to the fact i ride alot as does my wife with me so we want somting comfortable, and i just dont see the need for a liter bike call me crazy but i feel its plenty powerfull enough right now, plus id rather have better handling then straightline speed.

thanks for post so far please keep them coming

Old 07-05-2006, 12:35 AM

its a honda

Old 07-05-2006, 01:17 AM

Heyyyy, yeahhhh......I never realy thought of that before...at what point or how many miles is it when its time for an average honda to take its dirt nap? does the engine give first in most cases???is it a matter of it being so outdted u dont wanna be seen on it so you hide it in the shed???....
My guess is..and ill be the first to admit, i havent a friggin clue lol....they either fall victem to drunk uncle lary at the family reunion...or they get neglected and left on the back porch to the point where they look like titanic has a better chance of cleaning up.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:38 AM

Thats funny dude. To tell the truth, I've only seen old F2's running around here in Honoulu, along with a few GSXR's, although the gixxers seem to be the 750 and 1000's. I would say a well maintained CBR will last longer than you think.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 AM
Fox
Banned

Just ride and take care of it.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I vote ride it.