CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Alternative Spark Plugs? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/alternative-spark-plugs-113970/)

KdubyaH 07-18-2010 11:15 AM

Alternative Spark Plugs?

I was going to put new plugs in today but all the motorcycle shops around here are closed on Sundays. I tried napa, autozone, and pep boys and none of them had the NGK IMR9a-9H Plugs or the Denso IUH27D plugs.
Does anyone know of an equivalent spark plug that they might carry. I dont want to have to wait until tomorrow after work to get my bike put back together. Thanks

boredandstroked 07-18-2010 12:21 PM

Those two are equivalent of each other, thats it. Your stuck waiting till tomorrow or putting the old ones back in.

KdubyaH 07-18-2010 01:19 PM

Thanks for the answer. I am definitely not putting the old ones back in. It was bad enough trying to get them out without the tool that came with the bike.
I guess I have to wait. I hate waiting for anything:icon_doh:

vangill 07-18-2010 01:21 PM

theres an autolite coppers u can get if u wanted

kilgoretrout 07-18-2010 04:25 PM

theres an autolite coppers u can get if u wanted
Yep, most places carry the autolite. I know Advance does because I just had to get them for my magna when they didn't have the NGK.
The auolites for the F4i should be the 4302. Make sure you gap them.
The ones I got for the Mag were $1.99 each.

KdubyaH 07-18-2010 06:54 PM

and its ok to put those in instead of the iridium was. If it is why would anyone pay 12 bucks per spark plug. What are the pros and cons here

kilgoretrout 07-18-2010 08:05 PM

Yeah, it's ok to put them in there. Same with regular NGKs that cross to the iridium type.
Iridiums are supposed to increase service life and they conduct electricity better.
Is it enough to make a difference? That's up to you, man. lol..
If you want to go with what's recommended, then by all means... enjoy your iridiums. Do other F4i owners use standard plugs? Sure they do. Many will argue that if the manual says to use iridiums then you have to, but it's not the case. The F4 calls for a standard plug, and fuel injection certainly doesn't require iridium.
Link

Zero1080 07-18-2010 08:15 PM

Well, if you replace the standard ones more often, won't you be getting a "newer" "better" spark more often?

kilgoretrout 07-18-2010 08:19 PM

Well, if you replace the standard ones more often, won't you be getting a "newer" "better" spark more often?
Hmmm....
I'm gonna use that excuse as to why I changed my standard NGKs for no reason after 6yrs.
My prior reason was "because I was bored", but your reason sounds way better. :D

KdubyaH 07-18-2010 08:48 PM

Well if you cant tell a difference other than the frequency at which you change them im going for the cheap ones. Chances are I will sell the bike before I need to change them again anyways. Sooooo who wants to buy an F4i:icon_bike: