F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Is that all?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is that all?

2006 Cbr f4i, two brothers slip-on, bmc race filter, and power commander. As far as the motor, is there anything else anyone would suggest before i get a dynotune/custom map? I want to make sure that i have mostly everything i think i should have done before i get a custom map. Thanks

Old 03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
July 2008 ROTM

That's pretty much it, unless you get into fancier engine internals and stuff. Only other bolt on thing that I can think of quickly is a set of exhaust headers.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:40 PM

Loaded Question, but what performance are you looking for? What type of riding do you do? With that we can suggest/you can research other options.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
That's pretty much it, unless you get into fancier engine internals and stuff. Only other bolt on thing that I can think of quickly is a set of exhaust headers.
Yeah, headers is what i was thinking. Any ideas what would work with two bros s/o? Or do i have to go the full exhaust route?
Originally Posted by ibiggers
Loaded Question, but what performance are you looking for? What type of riding do you do? With that we can suggest/you can research other options.
I do a lot of street riding. Every now and then i may go to the local drag track to run a couple passes but other than that its mostly street. I may be doing this a$$ backwards but i wanna do what i can to the motor first and then suspension, etc. Any ideas are welcome, Thanks for the reply.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:02 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I wouldn't do anything beyond bolt-on mods when it comes to the motor. If you need to go faster than that, get a bigger bike. But that's me - a tastefully modded 600 provides plenty of speed for me.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 PM

Clean Air Mod!!!! Don't know about dyno numbers but the seat of the pants feal was huge. Pulls much harder off the low end, and seems to actually run a little cooler in stop and go traffic.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
Clean Air Mod!!!! Don't know about dyno numbers but the seat of the pants feal was huge. Pulls much harder off the low end, and seems to actually run a little cooler in stop and go traffic.
Great! cant wait to do this! but from the write ups i've seen it looks a little confusing what goes where but i'll figure it out. Thanks guys

Old 03-12-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
I wouldn't do anything beyond bolt-on mods when it comes to the motor. If you need to go faster than that, get a bigger bike. But that's me - a tastefully modded 600 provides plenty of speed for me.
Mine is running "the bolt ons" along with a big bore kit and a little more agressive cams. If you're buying new i would say just go bigger but seeing i picked my 600 up for 1500 and for 1500 more it'll keep up with two of my buddies R-1's and one 1000RR up to 180 mph I think the work is worth it. plus I like to be able to say "but mine is just an F4i. Yours is a 1000RR whats up?" lol

Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by f4itypeofguy
Great! cant wait to do this! but from the write ups i've seen it looks a little confusing what goes where but i'll figure it out. Thanks guys
It's this easy.

Attached Thumbnails Is that all?-cleanairmod.jpg