F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

ahhhh damn license....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ahhhh damn license....

So i've had my bike for one year now, this season will be number 2 on it. I only got my permit last year bc at the time I was living in mass and knew i was moving to NH at the end of the summer. Plus the permit in mass is good for 2 years, nh only 30 days. I went to get my license yesterday, but the instructor was a half hour late, so i had to leave and go to work, bull**it about it! My permit expired last friday so here we are 75-85 degrees and brilliant sunshine every single day for NH in april is unheard, and i have not been able to ride, soooo frusturating. Hoping to get back out there soon!

And please everyone ride safe, i just lost a long time friend April 11th, he died in a freeskiing accident in Alaska. Another very extreme and dangerous sport, as riding a bike, so be safe out there everyone!

Old 04-25-2008, 09:57 AM
WOT
Default RE: ahhhh damn license....

Sorry to hear about that. It's such a pain.

Where you at in NH? I was living in the upper valley for a while and riding up there is amazing.

Old 04-25-2008, 01:36 PM

That really sucks. I'm so glad that I got my full endorsment before I even had a bike, it think the senario you're describing would have been too much for me.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:02 PM

not endorseing it but I was rideing for about 6 months with no permit...

Old 04-25-2008, 02:03 PM

If they don't throw a flag it never happened. lol. If you ride responsible and don't speed, there is no reason for you to get pulled over. But I recommend you get your license.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:07 PM

What is the rule with permits vs. licenses? I have my permit, and am taking the MSF course on May 9th, so I'll have my full license after that. I usually ride with someone, but not always. They never told me at the DMV either, what having a permit really meant, they just kind of said here you go. Anybody know what the laws are in most states for that?

Old 04-25-2008, 02:10 PM

The regulations for most permits, it that you must ride with someone who has a license and they have to be in plain viewing sight of your riding. That is the law in Nebraska.

Old 04-25-2008, 05:55 PM

In Wisconsin you can't ride at nite with only a permit. I think maybe they don't allow you to have a passenger, but nothing more here. I just picked up my bike and am riding it around without either. My buddy gave me a LAF plate from one of his bikes. I can register it, but I'm just being cheap and waiting til next month.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:06 PM

Stephens, I am in Nebraska so that helps alot. I'm not overly concerned about it anyways. I have registered the bike, so I have plates on it. And I don't speed when I ride, and I take extra care. So I'm not concerned about getting pulled over in the next month, but I was curious. Thanks.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 PM

ORIGINAL: beef66

not endorseing it but I was rideing for about 6 months with no permit...
yeah, by no means...i rode for over 3 years w/o papers...looking back now, something i am definitely NOT proud of [sm=nono.gif]

what sucks more is that my insurance should be a fraction of what it is now...i have been riding since late 03/early 04, but according to DMV records, i have only been riding legally for less than a year...but whos fault is that?

i personally never took it, but ive always highly recommend the class to anyone even thinking about riding...msf saves lives

Quick Reply: ahhhh damn license....