ah, she went down

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you

Old 07-07-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by srtcbr
he was too busy running the red and going to wherever d-bags go.
aaaaah hahaha!

well said.

bad situation, but hopefully it will remind someone else to strap on a helmet before they ride. what happened to you sucks for many, many reasons. but glad to hear that you are not seriously hurt...

Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 AM

I *would want* to chase after the guy to get his license plate to be able to report, and then immediately return to my friend...but yes, glad to know you're okay. These kinds of things happen and we can only hope to avoid them

Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Berto
... In Florida, where it is blazing hot every day and there's no helmet law, many, many riders ride in shorts, no shirt and sandals....
The question for any sensible biker is why use protective gear, to save you or to save the law?

The law will not put my brains back into my skull if I wreck
The law will not visit me in hospital if I wreck.
The law will not make any pain disappear if I wreck.
The law will not heal any wounds if I wreck.

So I say this: FOURQKE the law (or lack of it). Whatever the law says, I'm out riding looking out for myself. It's all the ride gear, all the time. No compromise.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Berto
Here in Florida, it is just too hot for that during the summer. In traffic, you broil alive.
Yet many people do it every day with full gear and do just fine.

What's the expression? I'd rather sweat than bleed..

I work in an office building and ride to work every day. If I can pull off full gear over a button-down shirt and dress slacks in central florida, surely others can make it happen as well..

Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 AM

glad to hear you're ok man...I almost got cut off by a cager the same way the other day...hence the HID's and kevlar riding pants that are on the way

Old 07-08-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by srtcbr
need a link to riding jeans please.
as for chasing down the car, if this happened to you would you look after your buddy or go after the car? hindsight is 20/20. i don't fault him for anything as i would've done the same thing.

Do not get riding jeans. They suck. I drug my knee in a pair one time and it put a hole right through the knee area in a millisecond. I don't think they hold up any better than regular jeans imo.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 PM

i thought about that too. i need to figure out what else i can wear that'll give me good protection but won't break the bank.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Yet many people do it every day with full gear and do just fine.

What's the expression? I'd rather sweat than bleed..

I work in an office building and ride to work every day. If I can pull off full gear over a button-down shirt and dress slacks in central florida, surely others can make it happen as well..
Actually, I don't think many people in Florida wear much gear at all. Here in Sarasota, I would guess one in 50 has full gear, including the sport riders. Typical sport rider outfit here is helmet, jacket, shorts and sneakers.

For me, it's riding jeans, boots, armored jacket, armored gloves, helmet. I go to lighter pants and a mesh jacket during the summer, accepting the compromise. I believe if you're too uncomfortably hot, you're distracted and you'll obviate the benefit of the heavier jacket and pants.

To each his own.

--Paul

Old 07-08-2009, 08:51 PM

Glad your ok ma ! IF you cant get riding jeans look at dickies double knee pants ! they saved me some scars !

Hope your back up soon !
cheers