F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Are aftermarket pegs essential for track?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are aftermarket pegs essential for track?

Since 600s need cornering speed, I'm wondering if the F4i definitely needs this mod? Or do I just need to hang off more to reduce bike lean? I was dragging pegs too easily the last time and I have stock pegs without the protruding bolt (bike's stock height too). Dont think I can afford it unless it's really necessary

[IMG]local://upfiles/11015/99B0CE21E7844E3ABE8E5CA3C7B52D6E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are aftermarket pegs essential for track?

Omg that looks like so much fun I hate you! =( Have you tried taking the peg feelers off? I would assume you have but just thought I'd ask. How about your boots? Do you scrape them? I've scraped my boots before but never any bike parts.

Mike

Old 03-13-2008, 03:54 PM

You can buy rear set adpaters that move the pegs up and back for $45 on ebay or make your own. there's a diy on here somewhere.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:05 PM

Hanging off the bike and using proper positioning is better. But I have the kit off ebay to relocate my stock rear sets. They work very nicely.

Old 03-13-2008, 04:47 PM

These?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Riser...em380003915953

Reason I want to do this is 'cos I fell off dragging the last time Over the course of the day, dragged my shoes enough to put holes in them, then hard metal parts, then I fell off and felt like a dang moron for ignoring the dragging. Not much damage to my baby thankfully

Old 03-13-2008, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: ampfp

These?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Riser...em380003915953

Reason I want to do this is 'cos I fell off dragging the last time Over the course of the day, dragged my shoes enough to put holes in them, then hard metal parts, then I fell off and felt like a dang moron for ignoring the dragging. Not much damage to my baby thankfully
Yup those. Nice guy to deal with too.

Yea proper positioning is a must. I did mine because the positioning of the peg seems more comfortable to me.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM

if your dragging that much you may want to invest in rearsets....I sell woodcraft predominantly and you can buy any individual pieces for when you damage anything. The footpeg is also solid and wont bend like the stock one...as well as being solid it acts like another slider for your bike....but as with anything that too can be a detriment due to the bike sliding and the peg catching and then flipping the bike, however I wouldnt worry about that.

But, if you want to not spend the money, then those risers look decent and I say why not give them a shot.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 PM

https://cbrforum.com/m_155821/tm.htm

heres the diy cost like 10 bucks, ive done it and love it, really the best thing to do

Old 03-14-2008, 12:56 AM

You need to hang off the bike more, and put your knee down. It increases cornering speed at the same bike lean angle...

Good luck

Old 03-14-2008, 12:23 PM

ORIGINAL: ph0b0s

You need to hang off the bike more, and put your knee down. It increases cornering speed at the same bike lean angle...

Good luck
Totally agree, even if ya dont drag knee you will get more speed with less lean angle just by weighting the outside peg and sliding a cheek toward the inside. Aftermarket rearsets have rigid pegs and higher clearance. If you should drag one, it may lever your rear wheel into a lowside, unlike the flippy stock pegs.

I dunnowhat happened when you crashed, but usually it's some incorrect control input, ie brakes throttle or bars, nottoo muchlean angle. I would spend the money on rider training before rearsets.

Quick Reply: Are aftermarket pegs essential for track?