CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Acumen DGV (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/acumen-dgv-103894/)

mbison83 12-08-2009 07:14 PM

Acumen DGV

So I got my DGV wired to the cluster of my f4i. Does anyone here have it? It powers up no problem. I've tried programming it in the garage, but I failed every time. It only recognized gear 1 and Neutral. Question: Do I need to get on the road in order to program it or can I just do it with a clutch pressed while switching/teaching it gears? I want to make sure I've wired it up correctly before putting it all back together. I'd hate to put it all together later to find out that I messed up on the wiring (I'm 90% sure I did it correctly, according to the honda manual). I've emailed Acumen but no response yet. Please help.

mbison83 12-16-2009 03:09 PM

anyone?

ID_CBRRider 12-16-2009 09:45 PM

Sorry no help here but I'll bump you to the top. I sometimes lose track of exactly which gear I'm in but can figure it out pretty fast by picking up a gear or dropping to the next lower one.

mbison83 01-02-2010 11:15 PM

bump please

dave ls1 01-02-2010 11:23 PM

I can tell what gear I'm in by looking at the speedo and tach real quick.

mbison83 01-02-2010 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by dave ls1 (Post 870326)
I can tell what gear I'm in by looking at the speedo and tach real quick.

thanks dave, but that does not help me in any way here.

letsride 01-03-2010 08:10 PM

You need to lift the rear wheel off the ground,start the bike and go thru the gears to teach it.Just be careful not to lower the bike while running.You can use a rear stand or propt it up another way.

mbison83 01-03-2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 870511)
You need to lift the rear wheel off the ground,start the bike and go thru the gears to teach it.Just be careful not to lower the bike while running.You can use a rear stand or propt it up another way.

I've taken it for a ride and that did not work. The unit did not recognize any other gear than N and 1.

letsride 01-03-2010 09:14 PM

I guess wait for acumen to respond,dont know what esle to tell ya other than double check your wiring.

letsride 01-03-2010 09:54 PM

is this what you did?

Theres a little pin you use to push a button in on the back of the display, you push and hold that in until it starts blinking. Then push it in 6 times to tell it you have 6 gears. (Do that with the key on and the engine off) Now start the bike. If you don't have a stand make sure you have an empty road to ride on so you can pay attention to the display; you'll need to use all 6 gears to program it.

Put it in first gear and you can either let it idle or slowly give it some gas. I think you want to change your rev's but the directions say its ok to let it idle. All you're doing here is teaching the indicator your gear ratios. After a few seconds a 2 will start blinking. Shift into neutral, let the clutch out and then shift into 2nd. Slowly give it some gas until a 3 blinks. Then shift into 3rd gear etc. until you get into 6th.