F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

600f4i wont stay running. f1 electrical problem need help!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600f4i wont stay running. f1 electrical problem need help!

so i messed up today! i have a 01 honda crb600 f4i I left the battery on charge with the cables still hooked up to the bike. so i fried the battery and something else. but what is it? let everything cool down, and tried to figure it all out. if i have the key off the clock runs like normal. if i turn it to on the bottom right of the screen show just a bit and fades out. so i hooked up the charger again. the bike runs through the normal start up but the red light is on green light is on and the f1 light stays on, oil light blinks. so i hit the kill switch and the f1 light goes off. back on and try to start it starts and sounds like it is running but take the finger off the start switch it dies. also it does not prime the full pump or let it run. also the display reads 14mph... turn signals blink like they are about to go out but all 4 do it...

so i tested the fuel pump jumped it to the pump and it runs fine. fuses are all good. I went through as many forums as i could. some one help me. maybe i missed something in the big *** book of how to fix.. any ideas will help..

Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a short. But try jumping the BAS. Its the square box attached to the center of the headlight. Unplug the plug then hook a jumper wire to the two outter wires. Unhook the all the connections, clean them with some contact cleaner, and look for damaged wires. Good luck.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:26 PM

thanks for the post.. i am on vacation so i will try that asap. do you think it could be that? BAS is the angle sensor that keeps the bike from running if its up side down right? does anyone else have any ideas. i am willing to try what i can to fix it before i have to take it in for a fix by the dealers..

Old 08-17-2009, 08:46 PM

anyone help? has anyone had anything like this?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:25 PM

I am dealing with this same problem right now. I will let you know what I discover. Tell me know if you get any headway. I haven't tried jumped the bas yet but I did troubleshoot around it and I don't think that was my problem.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:05 PM

thats great that some1 cares.. so i did what the manual said to do when checking the bas and it was fine so i moved on to the engine kill switch to my amazment it was backwards... i got 12v of power when it is in the off position n nothing when it is in the on position. so i cut the wires and switched them nothing.. n the voltage stayed the same... returned the back to the right wiring went to the relays next.. If i full the fuel pump kill relay the F1 on the display and the mpgs go to normal.. but without the relay the bike wont run. its 75$ for a new relay.. called the local honda cycle dealer and they will check the relay but if thats the problem then i need to buy two of them b.c when i switched the engine cut and the fuel cut relays it does the same thing. i hate to say it but i think it is something else.. how did this happen to your bike? have you gotten any closer to fixing it???

Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM

going to check the relays at the dealer within the next few days. wish me luck!

Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 PM

update... used my buddies ecu or ecm or what ever it is call. his would not start my bike. my ecu wouldnt start his. so now i look for a new one..

Old 08-23-2009, 08:16 PM

hey man I'm really sorry I didn't get back to you. I have actually been working on my bike from about 700 miles away so its been rough. lol In all honesty though my bike is home and a friend of mine has been helping me, by trying new things that I think of to troubleshoot. Thanks for the tip on the ecu though, I'll try that when my bike gets here.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:10 PM

i found that there is draw coming from the bike. i unhooked the battery found that there is draw from the battery. which is killing the battery and possibly keeping it from running.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 600f4i wont stay running. f1 electrical problem need help!