F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

600 f4i integrated rear light

Old 11-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered Users
Default 600 f4i integrated rear light

i have a f4i 2001 it is my track bike i would like to install lights in the back since i have nothing so my son can start riding it and learn all i have is a licence plate.i am looking in buying a integrated light combo with tail light, turn signal and brake light there are a couple out there can you guys tell me which one would be the best and will also have all the factory connectors, i still have the wire harness under the seat
thanks

Old 11-22-2011, 09:08 PM

i have the on thats all over ebay and amazon. it looks like the stock taillight but its smoked. has the led white strip, turn signals, running lights, and brake lights. i love it. i think it looks great on the bike its just kinda weird how you wire it. i can send you a pic of how i soldered up the wires and stuff and i bet you could get the job done in about half an hour. it took me a while cause i had to play around with alligator clips trying to figure out what was what. after about 5 new fuses and 2 and a half hours my dad came home and figured it out in about 5 minutes... (proves what an electrician can do lol)

Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered Users

thanks, if you have a few pics great, is it easy to unhook when you go to the track. maybe instead of soldering i should use some connectors?

Old 11-23-2011, 05:47 PM
July 2008 ROTM

I have a Clear Alternatives integrated LED tail light, and I've enjoyed it. They seem harder to find now, though. I don't remember if it uses all of the stock connectors (don't think so), but it's easy to wire up.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:46 PM

ya i guess you could use connectors. i just don't trust them cause of all the vibration while riding. i don't wanna be braking and not have a brake light. but I'm sure you could. maybe some mail female connectors with some good electrical tape job. ill go take a pic of my wiring now and post a pic

Old 11-25-2011, 02:14 AM

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 11-25-2011, 06:52 AM

i run the clear alternatives.....looks good and is fairly easy to install

Old 11-25-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered Users

thanks for the pics, i am going to tohe track this week end i'll start working on that when i am back

Old 11-25-2011, 11:04 AM

yea its pretty simple just make sure you have a couple extra fuses on hand

Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM

i wired all of it up today and everything works fine but when i actually start the bike the brake light does not work. it works when i turn it one notch(bike is not started but light and everything comes on before engine running) if anyone can help me out im new to bikes

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 600 f4i integrated rear light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.