CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   600 f sport bogging down at 6000 rpm (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/600-f-sport-bogging-down-6000-rpm-155107/)

jacko71 10-19-2016 06:55 AM

600 f sport bogging down at 6000 rpm

ive just bnought this bike to turn into a trackbike, only rode it once 30 miles and im having issues when it gets to 6000 rpm its starts to bog down and looses power it does rev past 6k but slower and looses power, ihave an invoice for a full service 6 months ago and it was mentioned on the report no further action taken, any pointers, i would like to start with anything thats free of charge first before chucking lots of cash at it. any help is welcome.
thanks in advance
ps how do i put photos on here..:icon_slap2:

now sorted

boredandstroked 10-20-2016 02:43 PM

Check fuel pressure regulator.
Check coils
Check spark plugs
Check air filter
Make sure theres no power commander with a messed up map connected.
If still stuck check compression
Check valve clearances.

jacko71 10-21-2016 06:36 AM

thanks for reply, slowly woring my way through all the potential spark and fuel issues i can think of, im going to be stripping it down over winter and go through em one by one, it will turn out to be summat odd like a trapped fuel pipe i hope...lol how do i check fuel pressure reg?, cheers btw.

boredandstroked 10-21-2016 02:05 PM

Pull the vaccum hose off it and make sure there is no fuel in the hose. Good luck!

jacko71 10-25-2016 06:38 AM

quick update, the more im riding this thing the weirder its getting, between 2 and 6k rpm it pulls like a train, from 6 - 9k rpm sluggish low power, 9 upwards its fine again.....
any thoughts.....

PossibleOne 11-09-2016 03:13 PM

What was the results of above steps to take?
Do you have a Power commander on it?
Any fault codes?

What happens if you go through the curve in neutral?

jacko71 12-01-2016 06:32 AM

sorry its been a while, no power commander, no fi light on and revs ok in neutral. its only when you accelorate, ive just put new coils on it just the same. im thinking of buying a good used throttle body set, which will eliminate injectors, fuel press reg, tps and the bodies all in one go.
can i use an main ecu from another bike or is that coded to the hiss key or is the hiss system another unit..
driving me mad now....

Robf279 12-02-2016 08:17 AM

Hi,

As far as i'm aware the ECU is paired to the HISS system, and so you can't just replace the ECU without having some coded keys for the new ECU.

I wouldn't have thought that this would be the issue here, especially if the bike is starting etc.

i assume you have checked that all the hoses are connected? and when you replaced the coils did you check the plugs?

I'm not a mechanical expert, but i know there are quite a few sensors dotted around for various bits and pieces, have you checked that they are all connected and working?

PossibleOne 12-11-2016 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by jacko71 (Post 1300418)
sorry its been a while, no power commander, no fi light on and revs ok in neutral. its only when you accelorate, ive just put new coils on it just the same. im thinking of buying a good used throttle body set, which will eliminate injectors, fuel press reg, tps and the bodies all in one go.
can i use an main ecu from another bike or is that coded to the hiss key or is the hiss system another unit..
driving me mad now....

Well have you checked those things? If the injectors are new then cool. Check the hose on the regulator. You can check the readings from the TPS, (in the manual for the actuals)

jacko71 02-09-2017 06:51 AM

right then now all sorted, believe it or not it turned out to be a cheapo chinese end can, either too much or not enough back pressure dont know, but new can goes on and its off like a guden, thanks for all suggestions and the winner was. eerr no one suggested exhaust.....