CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   520 Chain Coversion (-1, +2), would you get it again? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/520-chain-coversion-1-2-would-you-get-again-124031/)

95teggy 04-17-2011 12:50 PM

520 Chain Coversion (-1, +2), would you get it again?

Hey guys 3 months ago I bought my first bike an F4i and it came with the 520 Chain Conversion (1down, 2up) (D.I.D. chain)

My mechanic looked over the bike and said the chain is now toast and is asking me whether I should replace the chain and sprockets with the stock one or get the exact same ones as I have now.

I've done some reading and what I gather is that the conversion basically gives it more torque over the stock one. Would you guys replace it with another 520 chain and sprocket or get a stock one?

I plan on riding on the street for now. I'll think about tracking it after a couple seasons.

kowen1208 04-17-2011 01:36 PM

Mine had -1/+2 when I got it. I changed it back to stock and like it better that way. It's a lot easier to control at low speed, and I almost never accelerate fast enough to notice any difference there. If you're not planning on going to the track for another couple of years, I'd recommend going stock to see how you like it, and then you have personal experience to decide what you want to do when track time comes.

Also, -1/+2 will put one extra mile on the odometer for every five your travel. That's something to keep in mind if you ever want to sell the bike later on.

Aken 04-17-2011 02:13 PM

I like my sprocket upgrade.

You can keep the -1/+2 gear ratio and get size 525 chain and sprockets, which are stronger and will probably last a little longer. If you like the way it accelerates now, keep it. If you go back to stock it will feel slower.

And like kowen said, it does alter your speedometer and mileage. Consider picking up a Speedohealer to fix that.

BurtonSnwBoarder 04-17-2011 03:45 PM

Consider looking into this if you're going for a speedohealer as well. I thought it was a good buy..comes with everything you need for the sprocket change plus the speedohealer.

Cal-Sportbike/Blue Monkey Motorsports ::: HealTech Electronics, Speedo Healer, Pipercross air filters, Galfer, GIPro, X-TRE, OBD Tool, FI Tuner Pro

Dragondima 04-17-2011 05:12 PM

I have the EK -1/+2 conversion, i did it a few weeks ago, honestly i think i'm sticking with it, i feel a nice kick with it, and i do street riding and it's still comfortable to ride.

boredandstroked 04-18-2011 11:27 AM

520 size keep, gearing change forget unless you don't commute on the freeway.

philthethrillohio 04-18-2011 01:20 PM

The power increase is very noticeable. And get a speedo healer so that will fix any mph problems. Besides my full system the chain and gears were best mod yet

junker1244 04-18-2011 05:54 PM

+1

Originally Posted by philthethrillohio (Post 1040732)
The power increase is very noticeable. And get a speedo healer so that will fix any mph problems. Besides my full system the chain and gears were best mod yet

F34Me? 04-18-2011 07:18 PM

Sorry if this is off topic, but what do you mean by "full system"?

tegster1 04-18-2011 07:27 PM

Probably full exhaust system.