F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

3rd party testing of aftermarket parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd party testing of aftermarket parts?

....I would love to know however what combination of bolt on mods would provide the most HP on a F4i? And by that I mean the brand name...I Know a full exhaust, PCIII and air filter...However I would love to know what exhaust system, fuel managment system would provide the most HP? Every manafacturer says they produce the most HP and every guy or girl says that what they have is the best...I would love to find a 3rd party website or company that would do testing with aftermarket parts on each bike and provide the HP numbers in a objective manner...I hope there are no threads already on this subject...I did a quick search and did not find one...tks

Old 10-13-2009, 06:45 PM

+1
I wonder if there is such a 3rd party website/company like stated above.

I hope also that this does not turn into a: "Well what I have is......" thread.

There's already plenty of those..

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 10-13-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 AM

People are going to tell you, and I agree with them, that there is no "brand name" company that will offer the "MOST" HP to add to your bike. What you're going to hear now and time again is that the mods you put on your bike should work for YOU and ONLY YOU, not what company's claim to be their most efficient power output device. Like you said, you hear that every guy and girl says that what they have is the best. They say that because they found what works for them and they like it, not neccesarilly the most efficient device that puts out the most HP. You find what works for you. 3rd party input can be biased as well. It's your job, if you are really nitpicky, the best way to wonder if your bolt-on mods are giving you power is to look at dyno charts for certain parts or whatever. Call up certain companies and ask them about the product you are looking for. Ask them what makes their product better than others. Ask them any question you can think of that pertains to it.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:06 AM

just my $0.02.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by DarkJuic3b0x
People are going to tell you, and I agree with them, that there is no "brand name" company that will offer the "MOST" HP to add to your bike. What you're going to hear now and time again is that the mods you put on your bike should work for YOU and ONLY YOU, not what company's claim to be their most efficient power output device. Like you said, you hear that every guy and girl says that what they have is the best. They say that because they found what works for them and they like it, not neccesarilly the most efficient device that puts out the most HP. You find what works for you. 3rd party input can be biased as well. It's your job, if you are really nitpicky, the best way to wonder if your bolt-on mods are giving you power is to look at dyno charts for certain parts or whatever. Call up certain companies and ask them about the product you are looking for. Ask them what makes their product better than others. Ask them any question you can think of that pertains to it.
There's quite a few of those people that have found "what works for them" and thats fine, thats not what is in question, I guess the real deal would be to find an un-biased 3rd party that tests several exhaust cans, filters, etc and compare and contrast them, so us, the consumer, could determine what is indeed "best for us".
Purely factual, compared side by side data, and un-biased dyno results to show differences and real figures.

Can't take for granted when someone says: "Oh the 2Bros exhaust is best!" or "the Leo Vince is the best all around exhaust" because most people will only have stock or what the previous owner had bolted on to compare to.
And thats not really much at all.

Thats what I think OP was tryin to get at.

Last edited by Joey_f4i; 10-14-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:06 PM

I also would like to mention that the other day I was reading up on dyno numbers for the F4i and noticed something....there is no company that offers a full exhaust that puts out the most HP for every bike..What I mean by that is let's say you take M4 exhaust...they make a good product however they make more hp for the gsxr 1000 than akrapovic however Akra may make more hp on CBR1000...So it makes it very hard to find a aftermarket part for your bike unless you try every one....That is why if we could find a way to devise what part puts out the most hp for each specific bike it would make deciding so much easier. Seems like your gambling when you look for aftermaket parts....Even if we could start a subjective thread that would provide the year, model of bike etc and what brand aftermaket performance parts you have along with dyno numbers to back it...I don't want to hear oh my bike is the best and sounds the best and it works so much better after I put it on....To be honest when you put a slip on if feels more powerfull however most of the time it just sounds better....It's like the old saying that when you change your oil your bike or car feels more powerfull...lol....Most of us can't came come to terms with the fact we just spent 500$ on a part that did not do what we expected.....The dyno however does not lie...Oh and custom maps will make a big difference as well so I am not sure how to factor that in the thread....Any suggestions on how we could start this? I bet we would make a lot of people happy...I did several searches last night on google and could not find a site with this kind of info....I also want to avoid seing the thread take off in left field....like most of them do...

Old 10-14-2009, 08:25 PM

you will never find a place that would do such a comparison
there are numerous exhausts, cams, air filters, different spark plugs, fuel mapping products, etc for every brand and model of bike made

and no one to pay for all this testing

Old 10-14-2009, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by bwayers
you will never find a place that would do such a comparison
there are numerous exhausts, cams, air filters, different spark plugs, fuel mapping products, etc for every brand and model of bike made

and no one to pay for all this testing

I kinda figured that...I guess the companies that produce the products could pay or via advertising...I mean what about the consumer products whatch companies and the car testing companies? You may be right however we the every day motorcyclist could do this...I guess that is what I was getting at was...maybe we could maybe start a section for performance mods...we would have to keep it structured of course to avoid run offs....With templates and no place for useless comments...I would love to see what combination of bikes and mods are out there and with real dyno numbers it could serve as great tool for making expensive decisions...Just a thought....tks