F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2006 f4i fixing ignition after getting it back from being stolen.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 f4i fixing ignition after getting it back from being stolen.

My f4i was stolen last year and I get a call from highway patrol saying he has it. It Had a 9v battery connected to the bike battery and spliced in another wire that went to ignition. I took 9v battery and removed extra wire.I have the ignition wire with the 9v reducer or what ever it is. Connected that original real ignition wire up and now I hear the fuel pump and it turns over but no start. And the fuel pump stays on and I thought I remember that it only stayed on for a few seconds before when I turned the key to on. I don’t wAnt a stupid 9v battery hooked up to it.

My questions are: is fuel pump supposed to keep making that noise or is it supposed to stop after a few seconds. From what I remember it stopped. And what is it that the dumb assses that stole it might have done to make it to where I need a 9v battery for it to run now and my ignition wire with the little voltage reducer in it will not now.

Old 05-22-2020, 07:58 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Your bike really wants to be tony stark/iron man...

The pump should shut off after prime, as you remember. Have a look at your ignition wiring. I suspect that it's been altered quite a bit to get it to run without a key. There may even be a separate on/off switch installed somewhere, so inspect the entire harness for tampering. Btw, the diode is on the switch where the wires are soldered on.

The following users liked this post:
Doc Samson (05-22-2020)
Old 05-31-2020, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by 74demon
Your bike really wants to be tony stark/iron man...

The pump should shut off after prime, as you remember. Have a look at your ignition wiring. I suspect that it's been altered quite a bit to get it to run without a key. There may even be a separate on/off switch installed somewhere, so inspect the entire harness for tampering. Btw, the diode is on the switch where the wires are soldered on.
ya I had original igni switch with that little glass tube thing on pink wire. But turns out when I wigged it a lil and the glass tube broke or was already broke. So that is why it didn’t work. So now my question is what can I buy to replace that diode from radio shack. I need it to reduce 12v to 9v correct? I really don’t wanna but whole key set just for that diode. Any after market does not include it and Honda don’t sell just that bottom part of ignition do they? I just wanna wire with no key and hide a switch sumwheres as well as a gps. Bout all I can do to stop the dumb asses. 2nd time I’ve got it back after it’s been stolen. 1st time I found it myself and got it back and this time the CHP called me and said I have ur motorcycle and the crook come and get it. Had a 9v battery wired in to make it run. I’m pretty sure I fixed the wiring and wasn’t working cause diode was broke. Need to know what to get.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:34 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

I believe you can get the ignition switch separate from the key lock assembly. Why not return it to working like it should with a key and hiding a kill switch somewhere?

Old 05-31-2020, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 74demon
I believe you can get the ignition switch separate from the key lock assembly. Why not return it to working like it should with a key and hiding a kill switch somewhere?
hahaha. I will if I can get just the switch or even just the ignition lock assembly. All the sites that had real Honda ignition sells the ignition, gas cap, and seat lock together for $200-300. I Already have the cap and seat lock. Can get whole set after market for 30 bucks. But da diode won’t be on it.

But honestly it don’t matter if I welded the ****er to the earth that if they want it they taking it. A gps and quick action seems the only thing that will do any good. They aren’t hotwiring out here in the parking lot. This last time they took it they took it between noon and 1pm on a Sunday. And I can see it from my kitchen window. Was missing 6-7 months. I just can’t understand why people seem to think they deserve to have the motorcycle I bought new with money I worked hard for more than I do. Putting new turn signals that are aftermarket and actually putting money into it. could put sum new tires and brakes on it at least. Geez. But no. Tires shredded with nails in them. Brakes grinding and front rotor toast.. ignition and wiring whack. Seat latch all jacked which I don’t understand because there was not a lock on it when they took it. There wasn’t a battery or ignition or gas in it when they took it. And most importantly the diode and that pink wire switch wasn’t on it either. I had it. But it broke. I broke the diode. And now I don’t remember how to even hook the cheesy 9v battery up no more.....lol

Last edited by Mike Burger; 05-31-2020 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Added info
Old 05-31-2020, 11:08 PM

They musta had a heck of a time getting it started because they took it all apart when there was nothing wrong with it and managed to mess up all kinds. Pretty much have to get the whole thing inspected because who knows what they screwed up. Just don’t feel the same no more or safe. I’m very disturbed and displeased. Gas tank bolted on with two bolts the wrong bolts. And who knows what else was taken apart and barely put back together with what ever bolts they had left. Sucker gunna falls apart whiles I’m riding it....lol

Last edited by Mike Burger; 05-31-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:25 PM

May as well make it as easy as possible to start it for them. So they don’t have to rip it apart and try to Hotwire it.adding in 9v batteries. I can almost bet the suckers that had my bike came to this very forum to figure out the Ironman rewire 9v batt work around. Lmao

Last edited by Mike Burger; 05-31-2020 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:50 PM

But back to the point. Please if anyone has a link to a parts site that sells just the real Honda bottom part with the diode please post. That doesn’t cost 2-300 bones. Or what exact diode to get from radio shack. I’m about to just start taking apart any broken electronics I have and taking a bunch of different diodes and just start plugging them in where broken diode is.. am I gunna burn anything out doing that? This dumb thing can’t be that difficult to get around for cripes sake...lol I shouldn’t be able to get more than 12 volts some how doing this right? And burn stuff out.? Does it matter what direction diode goes in? Is there a input and output....? Lol or does it just have to pass thru diode. Dang 10 cent part and pink wire anyhow. Person that thought of this needs to be beat up at least....lol

Last edited by Mike Burger; 06-01-2020 at 12:15 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:27 AM
Old 06-01-2020, 12:38 AM

Gunna goat head any order and try since it’s only 4 bones.

Quick Reply: 2006 f4i fixing ignition after getting it back from being stolen.