F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2006 F4i -Centerstand won't fit - Brackets different

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Brackets different? Anyone fitted a swingarm conversion/centerstand on one?

So I ordered a main stand, center stand, centre stand, whatever you want to call it from ebay UK and it doesn't work. It appears to me that the brackets are different from other models.

Apparently the 2006 F4i was different from other models also in that they added an o2 sensor, I read somewhere that this could cause issues with the use of a main stand or with the 600RR swingarm conversion.

Can anyone confirm any of this?

Has anyone successfully done a swingarm conversion or a centerstand install on an '06 model?

Last edited by madman; 07-10-2010 at 07:02 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Swingarm conversions are common. But no personal expierence with them.

Centers stands.....can i just ask why you want one? Just unneccesary weight IMO.

A decent pair of BikeTek stands can be had for 70$ on ebay.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

FUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK

Because you can't travel with stands and in some cases you need to do maintenance on the go.

So today has been a bad day.
1) The centerstand didn't fit...
2) I was going to install a new shield and decided to use nightshades (paint) on the first few inches to protect the gauges and put it in the oven to cure at 200* and the thing melted flat.
3) I tried the ghetto way of raising the bike using wood blocks so I could wax, check fluids etc - except by myself and ended up slipping and dropping the bike on the right side. It was absolutely flawless until now. I never though I'd have a non-moving drop ever again. The worst part is it fell on some of the pieces for the centerstand which scratched it up worse.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK

All I wanted was a god damn center stand and they have to change the damn bike around the last ****ing year it's made.

Last edited by madman; 07-07-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:14 PM

For maintenance on the go:
http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

Plastic in the oven? comon dude

Frame Sliders will help save though plastics for those "non-moving" drops.
Happens to everybody man

Last edited by Sick97SS; 07-07-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned

I'm afraid to use something like the quick stand because someone lowered the bike previously and now the side stand is pretty short. Need to replace that. The solution really is to buy a rear stand for the majority of maintenance and then mount the centerstand for when I'm on the move. I just hate spending endless amounts of money on things for the bike.

I always figured screw the sliders because I'd rather the plastics get messed up than the frame or engine, now I'm reconsidering that.

I've cured plastic in the oven before between 250-350* with absolutely no problems so long as it was hung right. I think this screen might have been made of acrylic or something because it was VERY thick and sturdy for what it was yet it straightened out like nothing with a little heat. I even did the same procedure to the visor on my old helmet and it worked out fine..

Old 07-08-2010, 05:42 PM

So can you take some picures of your bike and how the mainstand doesn't line up and post them? Might be worth wild for other people to see the difference as well.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Banned

I wouldn't be able to do that until next week so I'll just describe it...

On the chain side the hole is tiny...there is an extension from the fairing that screws in there and there's nowhere for the "rod" for the stand to go. On the other side there is a hole but it is too small anyway, and right next to it is the o2 sensor so that MAY interfere... I'm going to order the new brackets and if the o2 is in the way, I will either remove it or try to relocate it.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:16 AM

screw the centerstand, its a sportbike not a sport tourer!! Anything that needs done while on the road can be done w/o a centerstand. Buy a good set of stands for home!

Old 07-09-2010, 09:11 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
screw the centerstand, its a sportbike not a sport tourer!! Anything that needs done while on the road can be done w/o a centerstand. Buy a good set of stands for home!

HOLLY CRAP HE RETURNS

where u been playful?

Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Banned

I REALLLLLLYYY don't want to go into this again. Can we PLEASE keep this on-topic. My bike needs a center stand. PERIOD. This is not an argument as to whether I need one.

But just for you, here's a few reasons:
1- This is my ONLY transportation. I have hard bags on order for the bike. As far as I'm concerned, it's a sport-tourer. I even chose this over a Sprint ST.
2- I need a quick way to get the bike up quickly to check fluids, chain, and pre-load without having to lug the stands everywhere.
3- I go on trips for work and can stay there for a significant amount of time.
4- The stand is dual purpose, I can do front and rear maintenance, ANYWHERE.
5- In my track experience, I have not found the center stand to interfere, and if it does, it's easily removable!
6- Honda put it on the CBR 600 F for a good reason... if this was SUCH a sportbike, they wouldn't have gone back to the banana seat either.

Now if anyone has any input as far as changes with the '06 model, please post up... But I have a feeling I'm just going to have to hit a UK Honda forum.

Last edited by madman; 07-10-2010 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply: 2006 F4i -Centerstand won't fit - Brackets different