F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Is this 2006 CBR600 F4i worth the purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this 2006 CBR600 F4i worth the purchase?

Hello everyone, I was looking to purchase a GSXR then I found someone selling his 2006 CBR600 F4i for around $2200, it has about 19k miles on it, the bike had a low slide back in 2010 and now he took off all of the fairing, instead he alright brought about most of the replacement fairings and the mirrors, only thing missing is one piece of fairing and the front turn signal. Clean title, non-salvage, non-op registration

There is a small dent on the fuel tank, and many places scratched from low slide (top of master cylinder, tail and fuel tank)

I checked out the bike today, I think mechanically it is in a good state, the bike turns on easily, idols good, and engine sounds good, I was able to drive around in the parking lot but never exceeded 30 mph. But again, the only motorcycle experience I have is with Ninja 250, so I cannot be sure.

I don't know a lot of fixing up motorcycles, so if I do purchase, I have to order some missing replacement parts then I would pay for someone to install it all for me.

I actually didn't really look into Honda CBR bikes, it's not because I don't like them, it's because it seems to me they are more rare on the market so it's harder to find cheaper used bikes, but now I have a opportunity to purchase it I am seriously consider it, but like I said since I don't know a lot about it, what would you regular forum poster recommend? Is this a good deal? Should I consider it? Or is this too much trouble for someone like me with limited mechanical know how.

I have attached some photos

Attached Thumbnails Is this 2006 CBR600 F4i worth the purchase?-01010_bxawfaeehyp_600x450.jpg   Is this 2006 CBR600 F4i worth the purchase?-00a0a_g5m6uhij5cm_600x450.jpg   Is this 2006 CBR600 F4i worth the purchase?-00o0o_hbiox28wuvw_600x450.jpg  

Last edited by John Brown; 10-24-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:43 AM
"A"
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

$2200 is a good price, considering the condition of the bike.
CBR F4i are rock solid bikes, very rare to have mechanical problems even with high mileage.
As long as frame, subframe and wheels are straight, body panels and fuel tank can be replaced pretty easily and sometimes inexpensive if you spend time to look for replacements from different sources.
I hope the title for the bike is clean, not salvaged.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by "A"
$2200 is a good price, considering the condition of the bike.
CBR F4i are rock solid bikes, very rare to have mechanical problems even with high mileage.
As long as frame, subframe and wheels are straight, body panels and fuel tank can be replaced pretty easily and sometimes inexpensive if you spend time to look for replacements from different sources.
I hope the title for the bike is clean, not salvaged.
Yes the title is not salvaged, the fairing parts that he have are actually black fiber glass which no paint, it is actually meant to be painted on. But I don't know anyone can paint it for me, so I guess I have to purchase new fairing set for it.

I'm just concerned about the mechanic, as long as that is ok, it should be fine.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:17 PM
"A"

Not a whole lot can go wrong at 19k mi., if you didn't notice any obvious signs of trouble, most likely the bike is mechanically sound.
If anything CCT or clutch may slip if the bike was operating at high rpm for extended amount of time or stunted in the previous 19k mi.
If the bike still have original chain/sprocket ratio, more than likely it has never been stunted... I can't tell from the pictures.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:49 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

If the frame and suspension are strait and its in good mechanical condition then its a price worth buying at.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by "A"
Not a whole lot can go wrong at 19k mi., if you didn't notice any obvious signs of trouble, most likely the bike is mechanically sound.
If anything CCT or clutch may slip if the bike was operating at high rpm for extended amount of time or stunted in the previous 19k mi.
If the bike still have original chain/sprocket ratio, more than likely it has never been stunted... I can't tell from the pictures.
He said the bike have all original parts except the slip on aftermarket exhaust. I specifically asked if the chain and sprocket is aftermarket and he said no.

He will provide all except 2 pieces of fairing which is in the black primer none-painted form which I have to paint them.

I am not sure what they are call, one them are the two pieces that cover up the rubber tube thing near the both handle.

I think another piece is the one that covers the air intake, but I'm not sure, because now when I see the air intake there is just two holes, I assume there is suppose to be some kind of nets there right?

I was able to talk the price down to $1900, picking it up on Monday.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:03 AM
"A"

Seems like you got yourself a good deal.. plastics and body panels are easily replaced, just go to your local salvage yard and be patient looking for replacements. Congrats.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:55 PM

Just want to update everyone, I just purchase it today and took it to my motorcycle shop few hours ago.

Total $1920 dollars, that 20 dollar was for him to accommodate me to the nearest AAA to do title transfer, because the title is officially in his brother's name, so I was a bit afraid I might run into problems, but it was all good, paid $138 to bring title current and tax and all that other fees, the bike is officially under my name.

I'll upload some picture tonight, its not a looker right now, it has no windshields, no fairing and very dirty, but I'll get it looking good in no time.