CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2006 cbr600 f4i mystery (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2006-cbr600-f4i-mystery-154146/)

Justin Fitzpatrick Pavoni 02-07-2016 02:12 PM

2006 cbr600 f4i mystery

So about two months ago i got home from work and i really wanted to ride but it was really cold out maybe 30 degrees or so. anyway bike started up fine and i took it out for a short ride. on the way back i was coming towards a big hill and noticed the bike starting to act funny. the throttle was getting really wack and the buck started to buck like a horse. the Fi light came on and then it was fine again and when i reached the top of the hill it did it again this time though the bike just conked out and i coasted to the bottom of my street. the bike wouldnt start and the fuel pump didnt click on like it usually does. everytime i went to hit the start button the headlights would go out. i tried multiple times to start it..gave up then had to push it up my street. didnt have time to look at it for awhile so i ended up winterizing it. just the other day it was nice so i decided to look at it and see if i could figure out what was wrong with it. put the battery back in and pushed wire connections together just in case they might have been loose. about 4 seconds later the fuel pump clicked so i tried starting it sure enough back to life.... so my question is what could have possibly happened that was wrong with it in the first place. the fi light would only flash once so it said fuses or fuel related items but the fuses were fine and everything else seems to work now. what could it be i dont want it to happen and get stranded :icon_tinykitball::icon_tinykitball::icon_iamwiths tupid:

"A" 02-07-2016 07:29 PM

How old is the fuel in the tank?
Ever change the fuel filter or air filter?
How old are the sparkplugs?

omg209 02-09-2016 01:36 AM

cold weather, how is the battery?
make sure its charging correctly and can hold a chrage. had a bad battery before..it affected the bikes power.

Justin Fitzpatrick Pavoni 02-09-2016 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by "A" (Post 1293577)
How old is the fuel in the tank?
Ever change the fuel filter or air filter?
How old are the sparkplugs?

the fuel was fresh at the time this happened I'm not sure about the filters or plug though. this bike is fairly new to me. would that cause the bike to randomly start to die and then months later start up again?

Justin Fitzpatrick Pavoni 02-09-2016 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by omg209 (Post 1293587)
cold weather, how is the battery?
make sure its charging correctly and can hold a chrage. had a bad battery before..it affected the bikes power.

the battery is on its way out I think cause the trickle charger I had wouldn't charge it but after a couple months of just sitting in my in my basement it started my bike. could the bike shut off while running just because of a battery?

boredandstroked 02-09-2016 12:10 PM

Either a wiring harness connection was loose or your charging system wasn't working causing the battery to die.

Justin Fitzpatrick Pavoni 02-09-2016 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1293591)
Either a wiring harness connection was loose or your charging system wasn't working causing the battery to die.

would a bad battery make it so the fuel pump would not prime when you go to turn it on? cause after it died it wouldn't crank at all and the fuel pump didn't prime. but everything else worked like the horn and the lights till I would go to hit the starter and the one headlight would turn off.

boredandstroked 02-09-2016 01:50 PM

Yes. Cranking and pumping take alot of energy, lightbulbs not so much. Now that its running stick a mutlimeter on the battery terminals and make sure its charging.