CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2006 600f4i will not idle (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2006-600f4i-will-not-idle-156364/)

Mike Burger 07-23-2017 11:21 AM

2006 600f4i will not idle

My cbr was stolen the other day. I managed to get it back. battery was dead. So got new battery. Starts and runs fine like usual but dies once warmed up unless I give some throttle when stopping at a light. It never did this before was stolen. They also took my ignition off and had another one spliced in so could start with no key. I changed back to original ignition also but has splice and electrical tape where they had cut wires now. Would that cause not to idle? was nothing wrong with it before they stole it. Broke lock on my seat and gas cap lock too of coarse. Gas cap closes and seals just don't lock, or any key opens now. The splice is the only thing I can think of. It is cut just below connector so I cut plug off new ignition and wired directly like they had since They cut off bottom plug but that shouldn't matter

Where should I start? What could they have done to make this start happening? I don't have much money so I'm hoping something simple. It runs same as before and don't bog down or anything. Other than idle. 24,000 miles on it. Runs great actually. No complaints. Never ridden any other so can't compare but I like it. :) Thought it was gone for sure. I cried. Lol. then I played detective and found it myself not even a football field distance away. I had given up but the homeless guy that I give food to everyday recognized it when he seen in a garage and told me where it was.

Has fresh gas, fuel pump working, and it's not the knock down sensor. It runs fine but just won't idle and dies unless I give a little throttle. Wires connected good on splice and I replaced ignition with original ignition from Honda. They had one from a different bike on it. Wires were not same colors. Cops took that one as evidence. So only difference is there is a splice now. Not sure why battery was dead. Never had prob with battery either before stolen.it was old tho so I just bought new one. They either dropped it or layer it down also. Not bad damage though. Broken mirror and signal and new scratches. I think the knock down sensor made it stop running for them and they sat there and tried to start it until battery went dead. Wasn't abandoned though. Was in their garage when I got it back.

boredandstroked 07-25-2017 12:35 PM

Turn the idle speed up and see what happens first.

Mike Burger 07-27-2017 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked (Post 1306396)
Turn the idle speed up and see what happens first.

Ty. Was able to turn idle up. Does not die now. Seems like I had to turn that screw way too many times though before even stared to raise idle speed. Is that normal? It Was too easy. And that isn’t normal for sure...lol.

boredandstroked 07-28-2017 06:51 PM

I'd guess someone screwed with it while it was stolen, maybe they thought it was for something else. Glad it worked.