F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2003 cbr f4i did I pay to much? *added pics*

Old 03-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 cbr f4i did I pay to much? *added pics*

Black and Grey 2003 CBR f4i 600 Devil exhaust w/ power commander, and undertail kit. 11,600 miles I paid $5300. Was this a good price? The bike is flawless. The tires are basically new.

I just finished the Motorcycle safety class and get my license tomorrow. I've never drivin' a bike before this weekend. I am going to be as safe as I can. I'm purchasing my helmet, gloves and jacket before I start riding of course.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've wanted a bike for about 6 years, and it just happened today!!!

Rob-

*update...pics added to post*

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/196/p1010057ec1.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/3504/p1010058db0.jpg

Old 03-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Default RE: 2003 cbr f4i did I pay to much?

congrats on the bike! 5300 seems like a lot compared to what f4i's are going for these days..not to mention the kbb "retail" value is between 4500-5200. the trade-value is much lower...around 3300 i think. just guessin cz its been a while since i looked. Most f4i's i see go for round 3000-4500. Considering the condition you stated your bike is in..i personally wouldnt have payed a penny over 4500. but that's me. I'm cheap lol. neway congratz on your bike! even if you payed too much...which i think is up to debate, at least you got one in flawless conditon with a couple nice mods and new tires.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:50 AM

I met the guy to look at a 2005 R6 for 5900 and as going to try and talk him down. The bike has 6k on it. I was going to try and talk him down to 5k lol but that didnt happen. The guy has 10 other bikes for sale and didnt move but 200. So I went by his place and saw the cbr. wanted 5500, and tried to talk him down to 5k but didnt move again. I've been looking at bikes in different states that are in excellent condition but would have to ship, so i figured a bike in this condition for 5300 would be fine. I'm tired of looking, and wanted a bike NOW LOL!!!

Wish I could have a better deal, but I'm happy. I'll post up pics later. Thanks for the reply -

Old 03-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well like you said you wanted a bike now so then you paid what the bike was worth to YOU. would i have paid 5.k for the same bike no way , but thats me. when dealing with people like that its best to keep shopping. remember you are the buyer you hold the cash and if they want your money they will deal. most sellers especially on craigslist set the price 500 over what they really want so that is room for you to lower and still be within their target range. the seller you were dealing with sounded like a douche especially since he had 10 bikes and wasnt willing to deal. now i have been both a seller and buyer and can see the situation on both sides but to be honest the f4i 02 11,900 miles clean title even with those upgrades i wouldnt have paid over 3.5 .

each area is different and with each area comes different seasons and different prices for those seasons. i dont know where youre at but good luck and welcome i hope you picked a bike you will be very happy with.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

http://nashville.craigslist.org/sear...amp;maxAsk=max

prices out there are kindahigh but right off the bat i notice a few "better" (very subjective term which maybe better for me but not for you especially being a new rider) bike for around the same price

Old 03-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Banned

Who cares what you paid for it. What matters is that you now have something that you have wanted for some time now. This is the start of a long journey my friend. All knowledge of ownership, buying, selling, repairing, servicing, etc..... begins now!! Dont worry that you may or may not have paid too much. In my opinion, the freedom of riding is priceless.

Great choice of a first bike. You will learn that this (f4i) bike was the first bike for many of us. One of our members has an f4i with over 114k miles on it. These bikes are pretty much bullet proof as long as you keep good maintenance on it.

Welcome to the forum and hope to see some pics soon.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:28 AM

The reason why I wanted a Honda was for how it's made! Made to last. I'm posting a quick pic that i havel I'll post more later. Need to buy some gear this week. Any ideas on good jackets and price ranges? I have about $500 total for helmet, jacket and gloves.

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5...wresil6.th.jpg

Old 03-03-2008, 03:01 AM

make sure you wait till after the MSF course to buy your gear. upon completion of the course, they give you a 15% (or 20%, cant remember) discount coupon @ your local CycleGear for any purchase. i used my coupon on my gear. otherwise, within your price range, you're probably looking @ KBC helmets, Scorpion Exo-700 series helmets, or if you wanna go the Shoei route, the TZ-R model.

and that's just for the helmets!!! jackets within your price range is probably gonna have to be textile jackets 'cuz leathers are pretty darn expensive, well the goods ones atleast!

well, just to sum it up! gear aint cheap... i would look to spend around little less than a grand for good gear.

in regards to the bike, it's hard to put a price on subjective/sentimental value versus a market value. like some ppl have said, if you want the bike and it means that much to you ($5300 or so), then go for it man. wutever it is... post up PICS!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:02 AM

I paid less, for my 02 with less miles, but it had fairing rash...if I were to buy all the parts it needs to be pretty, it would be about the same price as you paid.

the F4i was my first bike too, and it can definitely get you in trouble quickly....please ride at your own pace, and try to know your limits!

Welcome to the addiction!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:17 AM

welcome!

also check out www.kneedraggers.com or www.newenough.com for great prices on gear. If it's truly mint condition then you only overpaid by a little - but who cares what you paid if you got what you wanted! Just keep it long enough and take good enough care of it to make it worth the money you spent!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 cbr f4i did I pay to much? *added pics*