Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hoookayy nowww

start out buy taking your fairing off. un do all the bolts holding the cover on
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNDkuanBn.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  16.7 KB
grab a sand hammer or a rubber mallet and tap the sides to break the seal of the cover. (notive i wrapped a cloth around mine for a little protection)
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTAuanBn.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  12.5 KB
make sure you have a catch can under it cause as you pray it off it will drop all the oil in it.
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTEuanBn.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  14.1 KB
this is your stator. remove the 4 bolts holding it on, the screw holding the metel bracket on, and the pin. insert all of this into the new cover. cant really F this up.
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTIuanBn.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  19.4 KB
now this is magnetic. take a look at the gears on the bike where the cover came off. notice the hole in the top left gear. this is where the pin goes. put it in this hole or you wont get it to line up n have problems. tap it on.
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTQuanBn.jpg
Size:  13.9 KB
now if you got a gasket go ahead and tighten it down. skip every other bolt as your torque it down. if using sealer. tap it on and leave it for an hour, torque your bolts down half way. wait 30mins and torque the rest and your done.
Name:  utf-8BSU1BRzAxNTUuanBn.jpg
Size:  10.7 KB
have fun.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you 100% sure that it is leaking at a stator cover bolt?

When you drop a running F4i on it's left hand side oil is pumped out of the crankcase breather and into the airbox. If you put the bike on it's side stand the oil drips from the airbox, out by the throttle bodies and down onto the stator cover. I crashed mine in the ice in November and it looked like a bolt was leaking, clean the airbox out anyway as it will be full of oil even if your stator is also leaking.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm pretty positive it's the bolt that's leaking. It appears to be coming out of the hole the bolt is in. I'm not exactly sure though. I will check it when i get home and maybe post a pic of it and see what everyone else thinks

Old 03-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Very good information DonnyBrago - This is true - The one and only time I ever downed my bike was the FIRST day I bought it and brought it home. I purchased the bike knowing the front rim and tires needed to be replaced before riding..like a moron I was manuevering around my parking lot just doing slow turns and I took too slow of a turn and wham, down goes the bike at 4mph...I picked that damn bike up quicker than any human being could and if you had seen this, you would have thought the bike was 20lbs...adrenaline..

Anyway...the only damage was a scuffed mirror and scuffed stator.....I've been meaning to replace it but it kind of brings character...dosent leak

So just recently when a buddy and I changed out my stock filter to a BMC, we noticed a tiny amount of dried liquid/residue in my airbox...guess what! Must have been about 5ml of oil!

Lesson of the day...pick dat damn bike up asap! Oil in the air box is a no no

Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Very good information DonnyBrago - This is true - The one and only time I ever downed my bike was the FIRST day I bought it and brought it home. I purchased the bike knowing the front rim and tires needed to be replaced before riding..like a moron I was manuevering around my parking lot just doing slow turns and I took too slow of a turn and wham, down goes the bike at 4mph...I picked that damn bike up quicker than any human being could and if you had seen this, you would have thought the bike was 20lbs...adrenaline..

Anyway...the only damage was a scuffed mirror and scuffed stator.....I've been meaning to replace it but it kind of brings character...dosent leak

So just recently when a buddy and I changed out my stock filter to a BMC, we noticed a tiny amount of dried liquid/residue in my airbox...guess what! Must have been about 5ml of oil!

Lesson of the day...pick dat damn bike up asap! Oil in the air box is a no no
yeah i know what you mean about adrenaline. i hit loose gravel on my bike an lost it at about 40mph an just as soon as i stopped rollin down the road i was back up and picked my bike up already. i wasn't even worried about myself till i figure out what happened to my bike....then it was 6 hours in the emergency room lol

Old 03-23-2011, 01:20 PM
June 2012 Ride of the Month

thanks for the little write up itsme, was looking at replacing my stator cover seeing its scraped up from a PO. But I wasnt sure was exactly was going on on the other side. I would have been surprised to find the stator actually connected to the cover itself, seeing I dont know a whole lot about the motors.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:21 PM

No worries.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by itsme71190
start out buy taking your fairing off. un do all the bolts holding the cover on

grab a sand hammer or a rubber mallet and tap the sides to break the seal of the cover. (notive i wrapped a cloth around mine for a little protection)

make sure you have a catch can under it cause as you pray it off it will drop all the oil in it.

this is your stator. remove the 4 bolts holding it on, the screw holding the metel bracket on, and the pin. insert all of this into the new cover. cant really F this up.

now this is magnetic. take a look at the gears on the bike where the cover came off. notice the hole in the top left gear. this is where the pin goes. put it in this hole or you wont get it to line up n have problems. tap it on.

now if you got a gasket go ahead and tighten it down. skip every other bolt as your torque it down. if using sealer. tap it on and leave it for an hour, torque your bolts down half way. wait 30mins and torque the rest and your done.

have fun.

I was just wondering as I may have to replace this,
I was looking over the service manual and it said:
"Remover Throttle body" and
"Disconnect the alternator 3P (natural) connector"

Do you have to do that to replace the stator cover?

Old 07-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Nope don't need to. Real easy job.

Old 07-02-2011, 04:03 PM

its easy. im not mechanically inclined and was able to do it easily. theres a youtube video i used as a guide