CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2002 F4I Liability or Full coverage insurance? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2002-f4i-liability-full-coverage-insurance-121085/)

DevilInDisguise 02-11-2011 12:01 AM

2002 F4I Liability or Full coverage insurance?

Hello all I am 19 years old and soon going to take the DMV test to get my permit! I graduated the MSF course and I am waiting for the graduation card in the mail! Anyway I am new to motorcycle insurance and my parents are not willing to help me so I have to make do with my income. My bike is fully paid off and has 30,000 miles. I decided to go for Dairyland insurance and for just liability I got just like about $10 a month. However as a beginner I think it is a good idea to get full motorcycle insurance just in case I mess up or slip and hit the curve! Anyway I also need help understanding the coverages. For example in Comprehensive and Collision when I put $100 deductible my over all monthly came up to about $120! but when I put $1,000 deductible in Comprehensive and Collision my monthly was about $70! so how come the lower the number the higher my monthly goes! I personally would get the full and most expensive coverage but I dont make very much! aside from other bills I dont believe I can afford $100+ a month. Lastly about the Bodily Injured the lower the number the higher the price or vice versa? Thank you all for your time!

ef-fo-aye 02-11-2011 12:03 AM

get full coverage. i had liability and my bike got jacked. Guess how much i got for my loss? 0!

Seven30LG 02-11-2011 12:08 AM

1000 deductable means if u get in an accident u pay 1000 outta pocket and they cover the rest...

DevilInDisguise 02-11-2011 12:19 AM

Okay I also forgot to mention for "vehicle use" would it be cheaper if I put down Pleasure instead for to school and work?

Seven30LG 02-11-2011 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by DevilInDisguise (Post 1013526)
Okay I also forgot to mention for "vehicle use" would it be cheaper if I put down Pleasure instead for to school and work?

that im not too sure about

mblack14 02-11-2011 01:38 AM

The less the think you ride the less you pay. They look at if your only going to ride 3 days a week other then 7 then your on the road less so there is less chance your going to wreck. And for full or liability, I have liability and pay 95 dollars a year and I all so have were if my bike get's jacked they will replace it.

On the deductable for full look at it this way if you lay it down and put a clam on your bike then your paying out that 1000 dollars be for they will pay out anything and most people just starting to ride it's going to be a low speed drop.

So you put a clam on your insurance that's going to make your price go up for a few hundred dollars for repair that your going to pay for any ways. So it's all up to you on how much you want to pay.

nowensby 02-11-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by mblack14 (Post 1013536)
And for full or liability, I have liability and pay 95 dollars a year and I all so have were if my bike get's jacked they will replace it.

If you have liability only and your bike gets jacked... you don't get ****... sorry.

Dragondima 02-11-2011 10:34 AM

It's honestly up to you. If you're the type of person to get an extended warranty when you buy a laptop at a store, you're probably someone who would like that full liability. I have basic/minimal coverage because these bikes aren't that expensive, if i crash it, that 1000$ deductible is a bit much to pay. When i crashed my Triumph the repairs came to about 1400, if i had that full coverage i would've paid close to a 1000 more on my insurance than i had paid, and i'd still have had to pay that 1000$ deductible. Idk if you ask me, it depends on the bike, and cost. Financially it didn't make sense for me.

nowensby 02-11-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Dragondima (Post 1013651)
It's honestly up to you. If you're the type of person to get an extended warranty when you buy a laptop at a store, you're probably someone who would like that full liability. I have basic/minimal coverage because these bikes aren't that expensive, if i crash it, that 1000$ deductible is a bit much to pay. When i crashed my Triumph the repairs came to about 1400, if i had that full coverage i would've paid close to a 1000 more on my insurance than i had paid, and i'd still have had to pay that 1000$ deductible. Idk if you ask me, it depends on the bike, and cost. Financially it didn't make sense for me.

Yep... full coverage on my bike would be over $1000 more per year... plus a $1000 deductable... if it gets stolen... I may get money to pay for it, but I'm already down $2k... In two years, I would've paid for my bike again, just in case it got stolen.

Why not, just put what you would've spent on full coverage into a savings account, in a couple years, if the bike doesn't get stolen, you will have more than enough to buy a backup, ROFL

mblack14 02-11-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by nowensby (Post 1013576)
If you have liability only and your bike gets jacked... you don't get ****... sorry.

If mine get's jacked, I get a new bike. It's a a extra thing they have for liability on bike's that you can get. Thank You...