CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   2002 CBR F4i sport low temp iddle issue (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/2002-cbr-f4i-sport-low-temp-iddle-issue-159079/)

fixx 06-13-2019 03:46 AM

2002 CBR F4i sport low temp iddle issue

Hello fellow biker's!
That's my first post on the forum so shoutout to everybody, my name is Paul (Paweł is the original polish version :P) it's great to become a part of this community.
So to the issue, bike start's good as usual, but after that RPM's are around 1k (should be around 3k) and the overall sensation is like the bike was choking, almost like it was going to die, after couple seconds FI control start's to blink 2 times which indicate's the problem with MAP sensor as I understand. The thing is that if I wait till the engine heat's up over 70C the problem goes away (usualy I have to turn the engine off and on again). So no FI blinking, RPM's are around 1,4k as they should be, no strange behaviour.
Anyone got similiar issue? Any help would be highly apiriciated.
Bike is stock, except the slip on exhoust.
Cheers!

SunBlue 06-13-2019 01:23 PM

Well have you checked the map sensor connections and the vaccuum hoses? I would start from there

fixx 06-13-2019 02:56 PM

Yeah, I did. Everything seems to be fine. Funny thing, I took a ride today to my work, at the morning issue was present, but after 8h when i wanted to come back home i started the bike and.... it started as it should oO
im leaning to the air temperature sensor, gotta check this one

fixx 06-17-2019 01:11 AM

The issue came back after days become warmer/hot again..

Secu_010 06-17-2019 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by fixx (Post 1323455)
The issue came back after days become warmer/hot again..

Hi pawel , i have the exact same problem , at cold start , it is runing very rich until 70-75°
I inspected the vacum hoses , they seem ok , tester the map sensor with a multimeter , seems ok
Next week i'm going to change the spark plugs

fixx 06-18-2019 07:18 AM

I've bought IAT sensor, it came today, gonna check if it will solve the problem.
Gonna let You know if that helped, fingers crossed :P

fixx 06-18-2019 02:18 PM

i swapped the sensor today and... unfortunately that's not it ;/ nothing's changed. I can also add that I have a sensation that rev up the RPM's are coming down slower then they normaly would.
Any advice?

boredandstroked 06-19-2019 07:56 PM

Either map sensor faulty like the bike is telling you, vaccum going to the sensor isen't as good as you think it is, or the waxing unit is broke and not raising the cold idle like it should.

fixx 06-20-2019 05:04 PM

i've found on my local cbr forum that some ppl had the same issues as i described and it was as You say, either map sensor or the vacum hose that is atatched to it.
gonna check it out when ill have some free time

Dennymc123 06-25-2019 03:20 PM

Cześć Pavel,

I am a beginner in maintenance so if I am wrong anyone please feel free to correct me as I wouldn't want to give bad advice.

I had the same issue with my 02 f1, it was getting worse over time and the idle was jumping a lot, I was working on a few things at the same time so not sure exactly which worked but the problem was solved.

I was replacing the air filter and while doing so I changed my map sensor and cleaned the throttle body, there was quite a bit of carbon buildup so I used carb cleaner and a toothbrush to clean it all away.

I also used fuel injector cleaner in my fuel at intervals for awhile and now I usually use fuel that has more additives in it anyway.

It might be worth trying the same if no one else has any suggestions.

Hope you solve your problem soon