F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2002 CBR 600 F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe you should link us to the for sale ad for both the truck and bike with good pictures of both. if the engine is sucking maybe it just needs a tuneup and or new rings? if your buddy paints for cheap then you could clean up your bodywork and have him paint?

some bikes get stunted a little and you'll never know. but what i do know is that if a bike has a roll cage and blown fork seals and blew a motor in under 20k then it was stunted to DEATH. just like you said you never know completely what's been done to a bike but you can look for telltale signs. never listen to anything the owner says unless the bike has been obviously meticulously maintained.

but do what you want. maybe you should hit up a a stunter section/forum so they can convince you to get it.

Old 03-25-2011, 06:49 AM

months is not a long time. its a tough market, it took me close to a year to sell my last car, but i was patient and wasn't willing to get raped on it. a buyer will come along. you just have to be patient and try all avenues. (craigslist, ebay, autotrader, cars.com)

and if a dealer is offering you $1500 for a truck that means its worth about 3k and you could sell it for about 3k. I sold my last truck for $3500 and the dealership was only offering $1500 on it.

but like others have said, apparently your dead set on getting the bike and wanted us to reassure you. (which we didn't) so just ignore the masses and get the bike.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:22 PM

Well thanks for the advice everyone, I guess I was looking to hear something alittle different than what I did. I have also spoked with some guys from a few different honda dealers that personally ride and know everything there is to know about this paticular bike. I will just do what I feel is right.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by HarleyZ28
Well thanks for the advice everyone, I guess I was looking to hear something alittle different than what I did. I have also spoked with some guys from a few different honda dealers that personally ride and know everything there is to know about this paticular bike. I will just do what I feel is right.
I cant say enough that this bike is a 3-3500$ bike with LESS miles than he has. Your truck it worth more and that doesnt even factor in the fact that the bike has been stunted - alot apparently. He better be bringing cash to the table - at least 1k

Old 03-25-2011, 02:49 PM

ok let me make this more clear, my Truck is falling apart, the front end is going out ( does anybody here know how much that cost? ALOT) the rear end is starting to go out ( that cost alot) power steering is going out thats not horrible but still alot ( THIS TRUCK needs SERIOUS BODY WORK) thats alot ( this truck has alot of RUST thats alot) this truck get 8-9 miles to the gallon, gas is 3.50 a gallon thats to expensive, I drive 40 miles to work one way so 80 miles a day you guys do the math. I will save money getting rid of this truck, that blue book value doesn't mean **** I wont get close to what it sais its worth, there are truck just like mine with nothing wrong with them with low miles selling for 3-4 k around here if that mine needs alot of **** done to it.

Lets just say this I have took this truck to several body shops even the cheaper ones, they all told me it would cost me way more to fix the truck than what its even worth, they said id be better off just getting rid of that truck that having the body fixed.

the cheapest I found a place to do all the body work was going to cost me around 7k

Now when stuff starts going bad with this truck I wont have the extra money just laying around to fix it. I have tried to sell this truck a couple years ago, the best offer I got was for a 95 honda delsol I mean come on really?

Last edited by HarleyZ28; 03-25-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:59 AM

just trade him, you obviously really want to and were not gonna change your mind, so just go do it today, and post up pics of the bike later.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by pittsm
just trade him, you obviously really want to and were not gonna change your mind, so just go do it today, and post up pics of the bike later.
+1... We're all here to help but you really only want to hear that its a good deal which nobody has affirmed. Just do what you want and post pics when you get it

Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM

Man I bought my immaculate 01 F4i last year with 4000 original miles for $3000. What these guys are trying to tell you is this bike has been abused to hell. The fork seals need to be replaced because he comes down hard from wheelies. The engine was blown because of oil starvation. More than likely there are other mods to this bike besides cosmetics. Yes, your truck probably is a piece of crap right now but it's still worth more than this bike. See if he will throw in some cash on top of the trade. That'd be the only way I'd do it. You're going to putting some money into this bike to get it back to normal. And if you're an honest seller, you'll have to disclose that it was stunted to hell and you had to do a lot of work to it. If you sell it, it won't be for much. I think you'd still get more for your truck. Be patient on the truck and it'll sell if you want it to. Oh and please post where you can get fairings for $200. The crap ones on eBay are $500 so I'm dying to know where you'll get yours.

Last edited by CarbonCBRF4i; 03-28-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 PM

no point. he does not want to hear us say its not a good idea. let hom get the bike he will not be happy with it at all most people can tell whats gone on with a bike. when they go look at it . so it is what it is ..