F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2002 CBR 600 F4i?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 01:23 PM
June 2012 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunt bikes take a beating, I would have no interest in trading that truck for a stunt bike.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:38 PM

So aside that this bike rides perfectly straight, no frame damage, brakes are good, clutch doesn't slip, motor runs healthy just because it was used to do some stunt riding it isn't worth getting? I found out this bike was stunted very little, apparently the guy set it up for stunting but barely used it because he had 6 other stunt bikes. You can just look at the bar on the back that you would stand on and see its never hit the ground not a single scratch on it.

Old 03-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Banned

Everyone is telling you not to get it and you keep saying oh but it's a nice bike and this and that. Seems like you've convinced yourself to buy it already.

Why not sell your truck instead of a trade?

It's one thing if this thing was priced below 2k and you were gonna fix and then sell it but at that trade it's totally not worth it. Fairings are expensive and most people like mirrors and fluid inside their forks, etc.

I wouldn't make that trade in a million years but you know whatever.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:03 AM

I can see you really want the bike as you keep defending it. The minute you get the bike you are going to be pumping money into it getting new fairings and getting them painted. As said I think you should sell you truck for cash and then buy a f4i then that has only been used normally.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 AM

yep, i'm not saying don't make the trade, i'm just saying don't make it an even trade. make him put some cash on top of it or else your gonna be basically bending over for this guy and he knows it.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:43 PM

They've pretty much said it all already. That bike is worth 15 or 16 hundred. Your truck is worth way more.

Nobody has mentioned that these engines are nearly bullet proof. My bike had almost 50k miles on it and there are others with much more. Jared (thirdgenlxi) has over 200k on the original engine and clutch. It had to be abused to kill and engine with that low of a milage (ie: riding on the back wheel for miles at a time while the engine starves for oil because the pickup is in the front of the pan)

Sounds like you like the bike. You should get one. Just not this one. Unless the guy wants to throw a couple grand on top of it anyway. Otherwise sell your truck, spend 2500-3000 on a nice, properly maintained, and not abused f4i and you won't regret it.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:36 PM

I don't think I stressed how much work this truck needs, my truck has been for sale for over a month now and people aren't going to give me much more the 2k for it. This truck needs alot of BODY WORK and has alot of RUST and very high miles the motor is starting to ware out I can tell, I can't afford the gas is get 8 Miles to the gallon, the power steering pump is going out along with other crap. I've took the truck to dealers and cant get no more than 1500 this truck isn't that nice.

Honestly this is the best offer by FAR I have got on this truck, as far as the fairings go I'm not worried I can get some new unpainted ones for 200 bucks, oh and my buddy has his own paint shop he told me for 280 bucks he will paint it however I want it, and he does damn good work.

I just don't understand why everyone is talking me out of it. I think its quite funny you see alot of these bikes for sale saying they have never been stunted, let me ask you this how can you be 100% sure thats true? The only thing they have to do Is put new fairings and clean them up and nobody would ever know.

Maybe I'm just being stubborn I apologize if I'am, but honestly I'm not 100% sure I would even keep this bike, I have seen some of the vehicle people are willing to trade for them and its amazing.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:46 PM

Where on earth can you get fairings for 200 ? Even the cheapest set on ebay is 500. Sign me up! and get the bike. It's obvious that you want it. Lol. Ride safe and get good riding gear. And welcome to the family!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:36 PM

yeah....where you gettin' fairings for 200 bucks? I would murder my sister for that deal.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:37 PM

i am confused as to why you asked for input and don't listen lol...you said you have had your truck up for sell for a month? is that considered a long time? :S

Quick Reply: 2002 CBR 600 F4i?